Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They might go on and beat Bo'ness next week but they got beat by a lesser team  there are far too many two faced c***s on here last 2 years the players and coaching staff even committee men would have been dragged through the gutter with some fans  or is it a big love in now and the manager and players can't get criticised 

Your trying to compare a single game against years of strife.

Mcglynn had plenty opportunities before people turned on him. Even then got another year to damage the whole squad.

Bradley took over a broken team and everyone realises the fix would take time. No one is claiming the squad would win everything - but there is at least now confidence we are heading in the right direction.

47 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Your trying to compare a single game against years of strife.

Mcglynn had plenty opportunities before people turned on him. Even then got another year to damage the whole squad.

Bradley took over a broken team and everyone realises the fix would take time. No one is claiming the squad would win everything - but there is at least now confidence we are heading in the right direction.

Spot on. Could have won that game by 5. 

11 hours ago, Sheep77 said:

They might go on and beat Bo'ness next week but they got beat by a lesser team  there are far too many two faced c***s on here last 2 years the players and coaching staff even committee men would have been dragged through the gutter with some fans  or is it a big love in now and the manager and players can't get criticised 

Take a breath FFS!

That was a big defeat in the wide scheme of things.  The reason you went through all the licencing was to play in this cup and try to reap financial reward. 

Now, like Kelty, you are left licking your wounds and dreaming of the money you may have lost out on.

For us all, not just wee rose but our reps from last year, Kelty, it is another sign of the weakening position of the East juniors.

45 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

That was a big defeat in the wide scheme of things.  The reason you went through all the licencing was to play in this cup and try to reap financial reward. 

Now, like Kelty, you are left licking your wounds and dreaming of the money you may have lost out on.

For us all, not just wee rose but our reps from last year, Kelty, it is another sign of the weakening position of the East juniors.

aye we would be as well handing the licence back.and start turning prestonfield back to what it used to be before all the upgrading and new lights.any junior teams would be mad to aim for financial gain by getting licensed.

Just now, lithgierose said:

aye we would be as well handing the licence back.and start turning prestonfield back to what it used to be before all the upgrading and new lights.any junior teams would be mad to aim for financial gain by getting licensed.

If you actually read my post to the end, it might help you to understand what I was getting at.

To make it simple, just for you, the advancements off the pitch are not being equalled on it and that counts for the whole east region.

The financial rewards are good in this competition enabling us to upgrade the park/floodlights etc. However, if we have budgeted for anything other than a first round (including preliminary) exit this year then that would be foolish. Somehow I don't think that will be the case.
Pleasingly we will get another bite at the cherry next year.

12 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Touchy! 

Those lights been on yet?

Yes it was a sore one both football and financially. But not all our eggs are in one basket

The licence was putting ourself in a position of strength as football evolves no more no less.

We move on and go again.

2 hours ago, lithgierose said:

And apparently no-one agrees with me that its mad for Juniors to go for licensing the way it is now.

17 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

if we get blantyre at prestonfield in the sjfa cup,we could use them then if it gets a bit too dark.

So you admit you wouldn't beat them in 90 minutes? Better spend some of the money you got yesterday (?) on a striker! 

59 minutes ago, Toffee fan said:

So you admit you wouldn't beat them in 90 minutes? Better spend some of the money you got yesterday (?) on a striker! 

I think you maybe missed the ironic dig at our neighbours in that post.

I would be more worried if we weren't creating chances - the goals will come. 

24 minutes ago, PatP said:

I think you maybe missed the ironic dig at our neighbours in that post.

I would be more worried if we weren't creating chances - the goals will come. 

Naw, I remember it, just wondering this time around why your fellow supporter thinks the lights may be required. Just some East Coast humour!

19 minutes ago, Toffee fan said:

Naw, I remember it, just wondering this time around why your fellow supporter thinks the lights may be required. Just some East Coast humour!

Humour always appreciated.

Archived