Sat 26 Aug: Home v Forfar West End 2.30 ko

Sat 2 Sept: Away v Tayport (round 1 east of Scotland cup) 2.30
Ko

Sat 9 Sept: Away v Bo'ness 2.30 ko

Sat 16 Sept: home v Broughty 2.30 ko

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough start to the season which will show if we have made progress in rebuilding or not.  I think Rose supporters should be patient.  Even with the right signings it can take time to build a winning team.  The Super League offers no easy games.  Aim should be to be the fittest side and to build team spirit.

Any news of departures?

5 minutes ago, Dreghorn said:

Tough start to the season which will show if we have made progress in rebuilding or not.  I think Rose supporters should be patient.  Even with the right signings it can take time to build a winning team.  The Super League offers no easy games.  Aim should be to be the fittest side and to build team spirit.

Any news of departures?

Connor Kelly away back to Sauchie.

Club update from Facebook

SQUAD UPDATES - NEW SIGNINGS

The club can confirm the following players have agreed terms for next season subject to the completion of paperwork.

Owen Ronald - 24 year old joins from Kilbirnie, previous clubs include Cumbernauld Colts, Cumnock, Dumbarton and Queens Park. (Midfield)

Iain Gray - 26 year old who started off as a youth at Heart of Midlothian then played with St. Mirren, Clyde and joins the club from Kilbirnie. (Defender- Right Back)

Robert Sloan - We have agreed terms and Robert is set to join the club at the end of his current contract with Bo'ness United. (Midfield)

Roddy MacLennan - We have agreed terms and Roddy is set to rejoin the club at the end of his current contract with Bo'ness United. (Midfield/Striker)

Ruari MacLennan - We have agreed terms and Ruari is also set to rejoin the club at the end of his current contract with Bo'ness United. (Midfield)

Kyle Turnbull - Joins us from Albion Rovers and also enjoyed spells at Stirling Albion and Falkirk FC. (Defender/Left Back)

Stewart Devine has also extended his contract with the club for this season.

Squad is starting to take shape.

GK - Hill & Barnard

Def - Gray, Thom, Mackenzie, Leiper, turnbull & Devine.

Mid - Batchy, Sloan, Ruari, Roddy & Ronald.

Fwd - Coyne

The squad isn't shaping up too badly. Good 11 on paper with a back 3, 4 or 5. Need some support up front with TC and a midfielder or 2 I would think.

Pretty sure Myles contract was for a year. Think he said his Op was in March/Apr last time I spoke to him. Think he must still be a good few months off full training/games.

Not sure if he will do his rehab with us or closer to where he lives

This time last year we couldn't have fielded a 5 a-side team - great to see a management team who are proactive and ready to go from the start of pre-season.

Do you think Pedro getting the guys back early for pre-season will turn out to be a good move? Think Alves will be a good signing?

12 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Do you think Pedro getting the guys back early for pre-season will turn out to be a good move? Think Alves will be a good signing?

Yes definitely - but would point out you are on the wrong thread.  Mind you all the trolling you do I suppose it's hard to remember which thread your on at times....!!!!!!!!

52 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Yes definitely - but would point out you are on the wrong thread.  Mind you all the trolling you do I suppose it's hard to remember which thread your on at times....!!!!!!!!

Fail fail, sticking with the same seat for your season ticket at Ibrox this season?

53 minutes ago, drs said:

Fail fail, sticking with the same seat for your season ticket at Ibrox this season?

Yes thanks - albeit I don't think I will be using it much now sanity has returned to Prestonfield.

Archived