Kilsyth Rangers v Kilwinning Rangers super premier league play off

Krfc 10

Two big matches coming up this Wednesday at Duncansfield then Abbey park two days later on Friday night, silly in my opinion the two games are so close together but thats another debate, should be two cracking games, from our point of view two crucial games as i didnt think we would be in this position a couple of months ago as we were in a great position to win our league but hit a sticky patch of form with a mixture of other factors and we let other teams sneak up on us with too many draws, but we are in it and i hope we get stuck in and do ourselves proud, hope both teams put on a good show and here's too two good games, are there many neutrals taking these games in and have thoughts?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive seen the Buffs 5 times this season and in 2 games they impressed me and in the others they werent very good.  I haven't seen Kilsyth at all so hard to make a prediction but i will say if the Buffs bring their A game its going to be tough for Kilsyth to get the required result.  As a neutral im going along to watch both games.  The very best of luck to both teams.

Planning to take in Friday nights game so for a selfish point of view I hope there's all to play for come then
Not seen Kilsyth for a couple seasons obviously so can't really comment there but Buffs are a strange 1.
Can be really good as we saw at home but then again can be poor as we saw away. .

Two big matches coming up this Wednesday at Duncansfield then Abbey park two days later on Friday night, silly in my opinion the two games are so close together but thats another debate, should be two cracking games, from our point of view two crucial games as i didnt think we would be in this position a couple of months ago as we were in a great position to win our league but hit a sticky patch of form with a mixture of other factors and we let other teams sneak up on us with too many draws, but we are in it and i hope we get stuck in and do ourselves proud, hope both teams put on a good show and here's too two good games, are there many neutrals taking these games in and have thoughts?

Stop making excuses cos you finished 3rd. Fact of the matter is you weren't good enough to finish 1st or 2nd.

I can't see Kilsyth beating Kilwinning either tbh. They look far too strong back to front.

Good luck to both teams though. Should be two cracking games.

1 hour ago, Reidy7 said:

Stop making excuses cos you finished 3rd. Fact of the matter is you weren't good enough to finish 1st or 2nd.

I can't see Kilsyth beating Kilwinning either tbh. They look far too strong back to front.

No excuses there just facts, if we had kept our form going for one of those games a know who wouldnt be going up

I haven't seen Kilsyth but have seen a lot of the Buffs and IMO the result will depend very much on which Buffs team turns up. Buffs fans will hope its the side that demolished Pollok in the first half at Newlandsfield whereas if it's the side I saw at home to Arthurlie in the league then ....

In Ben Lewis and Brian Boylan they have two potential match winners and Cashy is always good for a goal. Great pies and lentil soup too.

Best of luck to both sides. I hope it's the players that decide the outcome and not incompetent officials.

Here comes the fanny fae kirky to spoil another thread

What agreeing with someone. Giving an opinion without swearing or name calling like you just have. Yet I'm spoiling the thread. Aye Ok then [emoji23]

Excuses ? We were asked to play a ridiculous amount of games in a short space of time that killed our momentum
Combined with guys working and injuries , u tell me what the fixture guy was on ? No wonder there trying to oust the guy from his position !!!!
When we beat clydebank at holm park 4-1 i wouldnt have gave a jot for them getting promotion ,but fair play 2 them they went on a superb run an did it ,as for girvan they still had 2 win games but they got it easy on the midweek front did they not ? But hey ho there champs all done now .
If we play football we can play we'l give kilwinning a game but as other folk have said , it all depends what team turn's up , put it this way a think we'l need 2 b a couple of goals up heading 2 abbey park , a big ask .

Few years ago took in the Ashfield v Largs playoff that finished 3-3. Crackin game so made the journey down to the seaside for the second leg which finished 4-4 and Largs winning on penalties. If these games serve up half the entertainment and drama they'll be well worth attending. If its still close after the first leg would expect a great atmosphere at Abbey Park. No reason why end of season games cannot produce quality and entertainment 

The result will also depend on what Kilsyth team turn up on the day also.

If Kilsyth return to the free flowing football we were playing for the first 3 quarters of the season we're in with a great shout. 

The way we played earlier in the season, dismantling teams, I would've been feeling confident coming up against anyone!

We've been dealt a hard run of games within such a short period of time this season, which in turn allowed us to drop stupid points, pick up injuries and loose players to work commitments etc.

I didn't see any other teams around us playing the amount of games in the fortnight we did?? As for Girvan, the league seemed to bend over backwards for them?? Maybe I'm wrong??

We've had a few howlers officiating our games this season too. I hope we never see the likes of a Chris Mctiernan performance again at any game, never mind ours!!

I can hear the "sour grapes" comments from other rival supporters as they read this, but it's been a tough one to take at the most important end of the season. All we want as a club within the SJFA setup is a fair crack and some consistency across the board, and I think anyone involved in football would agree. 

But you know what, we carried on fighting and we're still in the mix to potentially go up. A little bit of luck (for a change), some positive support from the fans and maximum effort from the players and you never know?

Mon the Kilsyth!!!!

Excuses ? We were asked to play a ridiculous amount of games in a short space of time that killed our momentum Combined with guys working and injuries , u tell me what the fixture guy was on ? No wonder there trying to oust the guy from his position !!!!

When we beat clydebank at holm park 4-1 i wouldnt have gave a jot for them getting promotion ,but fair play 2 them they went on a superb run an did it ,as for girvan they still had 2 win games but they got it easy on the midweek front did they not ? But hey ho there champs all done now .

If we play football we can play we'l give kilwinning a game but as other folk have said , it all depends what team turn's up , put it this way a think we'l need 2 b a couple of goals up heading 2 abbey park , a big ask .

Clydebank won their last 6 games and Girvan won their last 5 games.

Kilsyth couldn't string 5/5 together so they weren't good enough to go up this season.

Girvan had injuries and suspensions as did Clydebank.

Be gracious in defeat and admit you weren't good enough to go up automatically this season.

As I said though good luck in the play off. Hopefully you don't have any guys working or injuries or suspensions to moan about [emoji6].

Clydebank won their last 6 games and Girvan won their last 5 games.  
Kilsyth couldn't string 5/5 together so they weren't good enough to go up this season.

Girvan had injuries and suspensions as did Clydebank.

Be gracious in defeat and admit you weren't good enough to go up automatically this season.

As I said though good luck in the play off. Hopefully you don't have any guys working or injuries or suspensions to moan about [emoji6].

Aye u should be at the fringe yer that funny eh ? In defeat ? What defeat ? We're not defeated yet ? Still 2 games to go , if we don't make it obviously kilwinning will have been the best side an will have deserved to go up .
Your good coming on with your snide remarks now , and surprise surprise red an black / rob roy guy /brian m , whatever he's calling himself now is straight on liking it , u two should get together u'd make a lovely couple .

Aye u should be at the fringe yer that funny eh ? In defeat ? What defeat ? We're not defeated yet ? Still 2 games to go , if we don't make it obviously kilwinning will have been the best side an will have deserved to go up .

Your good coming on with your snide remarks now , and surprise surprise red an black / rob roy guy /brian m , whatever he's calling himself now is straight on liking it , u two should get together u'd make a lovely couple .

We should've got promoted! We were the best team in the league playing free flowing football.

We finished 3rd but we should've been champions and Clydebank and Girvan are pish!!

Blah blah blah..... haha

Get the violins out for the Kilsyth mob.

For one ya clown a never said girvan or clydebank were pish !
The league doesn't lie ?
Girvan an clydebank were 1st an 2nd that makes them the best two teams in the league or are u that thick u dont get that ?
Yes we played some great football but points win leagues not pretty patterns . An your lover has liked your post again , the same guy who's arguing with talbot supporters about the same scenario when there saying rob roy weren't good enough 2 win the premier either , thats how stupid u are red n brian guy or whatever your calling yourself now , ya tube.

Archived