Whitehill - Another Manager Departs

WhatsUpDoc

28 minutes ago, nakedrambler said:

The sooner you guys realise ww are not any longer the team of years past the better for all involved at your club.expecting top 5 in the league!

Yeh shambles down here at the moment like yourselfs if I'm honest.but I'm looking forward to fighting relegation with you.

If you've read my posts since the LL started I've always stated we've found oor level at aboot 4th to mid table . Disappointing aye but least we've had and are having a go since the start! I thought that's what the pyramid is about. 

8th this season if my stats are correct has been oor WORST season so far so aye top 5 is defo doable. 

I'm willing to bet you top dollar we won't be fighting relegation with your lot though. 8)

You should be concerned aboot the calibre of teams that's maybes wanting in the LL without criticising others :unsure2:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, surely not! said:

Who gets that job then? What type of manager is needed. Different proposition to the past regarding competing at the top end of the table.

What would supporters be happy with from the team and what do the committee expect from the team?

Wasn't Mark Adams doing a decent job at BSC before they were rotten to him?

I'm sure the majority of Marks LL team came from his u20s side. 

Whether he could be arsed with the commute is another question though but certainly has LL experience?? 

Seems a bit harsh dispensing with his services just now considering he hasn't even had one full season in charge in his own right. Maybe the old guy with the voice like a foghorn has more clout at the club than the manager has !

I doubt he'll be short of offers and I'd like to see him and his experience back in the game soon.

Seems a bit harsh dispensing with his services just now considering he hasn't even had one full season in charge in his own right. Maybe the old guy with the voice like a foghorn has more clout at the club than the manager has !

I doubt he'll be short of offers and I'd like to see him and his experience back in the game soon.

That guys got just about the most clout in Scottish football!

7 hours ago, Token said:

Maybe the old guy with the voice like a foghorn has more clout at the club than the manager has !

7 hours ago, surely not! said:

That guys got just about the most clout in Scottish football!

A former grade one fifa  referee once told me aboot the dogs abuse he used to take from a certain person at Ferguson Park every time but he said 9 times oot of 10 the man with the clout yous are referring to was right with his outbursts. :blink:

19 hours ago, Token said:

Aye...he will be hot property with his managerial record 

On 5/30/2017 at 14:14, nakedrambler said:

The sooner you guys realise ww are not any longer the team of years past the better for all involved at your club.expecting top 5 in the league!

Yeh shambles down here at the moment like yourselfs if I'm honest.but I'm looking forward to fighting relegation with you.

Not one person involved with whitehill thinks we will be challenging for the lowland league....

26 minutes ago, Token said:

Well, how is his managerial record ? 

4 wins in last 15 games..cup defeats to lothian,hawick and a poor.gretna side...ive no facts for Preston but i seem to recall issues at the end of his tenure....its no secret that whitehills squad is not the greatest its ever been and we are in financial terms very mid table,but the manager leaving might be harsh etc but its hardly falling of the chair level of shock 

Fair enough Magoo, I was just of the opinion he should be judged on his own merits e.g given a full season at least and not be judged with the mess he inherited after Hislop left.

3 minutes ago, Token said:

Fair enough Magoo, I was just of the opinion he should be judged on his own merits e.g given a full season at least and not be judged with the mess he inherited after Hislop left.

He was part of the hislop management team...

22 minutes ago, Token said:

Does own merits mean you are committed to the job?  Fair enough if you are working but at this level I think a manager needs to be there every week. 

Talking of every week I wouldn't mind knowing how many players WW used last season because there were new faces trialing nearly every week.  Some decent players have left the club over the last 2 seasons? 

Somehow I don't think it's all about big bad Peter behind the scenes and I'm sure we'll never find oot because what goes on within any club should stay within any club and not aired especially on a public forum. 

9 minutes ago, Token said:

Aye, but not the boss.

Nae disrespect to the lad but every time I watched them he just stood there erse against the perimeter fence wi arms folded as if he could nae be arsed. Just nae motivation imo. 

Look, you guys are obviously closer to the club than me and I'm not here to antagonise anyone. I am just saying that although it's hardly earth shattering news, I feel it is a wee bit harsh binning him without giving him a chance to prove himself over the next season in sole charge.

Best of luck for next season.

6 hours ago, magoo said:

Not one person involved with whitehill thinks we will be challenging for the lowland league....

Not challenging to win it ofcourse but expectation at the club at the time of the conversation I had was to finish top 4.

2 hours ago, nakedrambler said:

Not challenging to win it ofcourse but expectation at the club at the time of the conversation I had was to finish top 4.

Expectations and reality are poles apart....and 90% know the reality

4 hours ago, nakedrambler said:

Well considering the position we were probably in at the time yes you'd most likely be looking at a top 4 finish but to be 13th on the last day of the season was grim reading. 

You can't blame a committee for that bizarre slump in form..... 

50 minutes ago, Token said:

Didn't think he'd be short of offers ! Joins Selkirk management team.

Best of luck Davie.

Nobody said you wouldn't :rolleyes:

There are some great assistants in the game. 

Best of luck to Davie. 

As predicted by naked rambler. 

Fair play to the rambler :thumsup2 

But was he poached :lol:

Archived