Rangers European Tour 2017/18

Topscot

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Danny Baker's tweet

Rangers have been dumped out of Europe by a team from a country that you could completely carpet, with underlay, for under £75.

FWIW, Luxembourg has a substantially bigger population than Iceland.

But I'm sure nobody in Danny Baker's country has ever been dumped out of a European competition by a team from there.

Funny thing is Rangers have actually spent some decent money this summer, the manager has been backed imo. Just a shame the managers an absolute diddy. 

They should cut their loses immediately. Absolutely nae c**t is telling me McInnes and Wright would have lost this tonight. Even Big Eck would have shitfested his way through that.

Missed the 1st half last night, watched the 2nd.

Watching the highlights on Sky just now. Progres lost their keeper after 30mins.

For 60mins they had their 2nd choice reserve part-time keeper in goal........

And they still couldn't score [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

6 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

Since their formation they have won the Challenge Cup. Credit where it's due.

They've asked for a wild card back in to that and the League Cup group stages. The European tour will be limited to Northern Ireland, unless Linfield are too busy for a friendly.

16 hours ago, MJC said:

Best of luck to Rangers for tonight as they fly the flag for Scottish football in Europe. They'll make a better fist of playing in Europe than the likes of Aberdeen and St.Johnstone will that's for sure.

Come on, have Rangers ever flown a Scottish flag?

85594576.jpg?v=1&g=fs1%7C0%7CDRF%7C94%7C

So have there been earlier rounds to the Europa League, or have the Rangers been papped out of Europe at the VERY first available opportunity?

This was indeed the first qualifying round. As I highlighted earlier, this extra stage down was introduced to cater for all the Intertoto dross that wouldn't have a sniff at the Europa League otherwise.

I await with baited breath the Daily Record being slightly upset with the result for about 3 hrs before blaming every other team in Scotland for the state of Scottish Football whist still sookin the knobs of the SFA and SPFL high heid yins who will blame each other but do nothing to improve the situation.

Archived