Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dindeleux said:

I would happily take Flood at Kilmarnock due to his passion and the amount of work he appears to get through.

If he leaves United, I'd imagine he'll have his pick of the lower end Premiership teams.

2 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

I'm being positive three more grounds I will get to this season that I haven't been to before new st mirren, didn't get there this season, Livingston and didn't get to Dumbarton either

St Mirren and Livingston's grounds are basically the same stadium. I wouldn't be surprised if they were built off the same plans.

I would be in favour of keeping Spittal, just.  There is obviously some talent there but he seems to be one of a crop of youngsters we've had over the past couple of years that are decent footballers but dont really seem to excel in one position.  Probably excellent playing fives though.

Most people forget he's actually 3 days younger than Gauld and could still mature into a very good player.  He just needs to decide if he is a full back, wide midfielder or an inside forward (or whatever the f*ck you call them nowadays) and work on the skills for that position.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

St Mirren and Livingston's grounds are basically the same stadium. I wouldn't be surprised if they were built off the same plans.

Legoland stadiums constructed by BARR Constitution Ayr. I have grown to like ours it's taken me a few years though. Big construction jubilation with your squad will be under way soon will be interesting to see who you sign up. 

3 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

I would happily take Flood at Kilmarnock due to his passion and the amount of work he appears to get through.

I don't know what kind of money Flood is on, but I suspect he's among the highest earners at United, and if so he isn't value for money.

He may well run around a lot, but it seems to me that his legs are going now, so, what else does he offer? We need some younger, more dynamic players in the midfield. Who they are, I must admit, I have no idea.

I'd keep Spittal, but only as backup - therefore, only if he's on a cheap(ish) wage.

2 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Genuine question - what is the Dee's record like in this new league cup format?

I'm sorry, it's a bad line. Are you going through a tunnel or something?

14 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

When will you learn?  United are the new Fun.  

You guys ken this is a temporary blip. That's why you're all so manic on the United threads. Enjoy it whilst it lasts. Normal service will resume shortly.

You guys ken this is a temporary blip. That's why you're all so manic on the United threads. Enjoy it whilst it lasts. Normal service will resume shortly.

I'm sorry to inform you but the stats tell me this is the norm. [emoji6]

Archived