Dundee United 2017/2018

I’ve been sorely tempted to ask on Twitter if they want us to re-sign Dillon. I’d no doubt get pelters (and obviously I wouldn’t seriously be suggesting it) but Dillon has absolutely strolled League Two this season and if people are asking about Goodie then it would make sense to sign Dillon at the same time. A semi-competent striker would score 20+ goals in League Two, he is nothing more than that.

Not watching Sean Dillon anymore has been one of the few positives about our relegation. Seems like a genuine great guy, but......naw.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Livingston have a lot of players out of contract this summer so we should be looking to cherrypick the best from them, and the other teams, in this league and below.

Their defender Halkett has had a great season by all accounts so we should be looking at him.

Signing bigger names from the Premiership never works. We need hungry players who are ambitious and looking to reach the highest level in Scotland; not the likes of Scobbie, McDonald, etc, who are on the way down.

Aye, I bet the Livingston players would be right up for getting to the Premiership through the play-off then dropping straight back down to the Championship. 

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Aye, I bet the Livingston players would be right up for getting to the Premiership through the play-off then dropping straight back down to the Championship. 

You do realise that when clubs get promoted they generally stay up, through momentum and signing better players? Especially massive global ones, like Hearts, Hibs and Dundee United.

17 hours ago, Reverend Maynard said:

Not watching Sean Dillon anymore has been one of the few positives about our relegation. Seems like a genuine great guy, but......naw.

Every thing is relative.  I think Dillon would be a better option than Edge, Scobbie, Quinn and Toshney.  They are all first team centre halfs.

Every thing is relative.  I think Dillon would be a better option than Edge, Scobbie, Quinn and Toshney.  They are all first team centre halfs.

Jeez when you put it like that......

Highlights how bad Scobbie and Quinn have been for us. On paper both looked sensible signings that would add experience and shore up our defence. Quite the opposite has happened . Edge did a shift for us but is past it now and as for Toshney- please tell me his contract is up in summer.

49 minutes ago, Reverend Maynard said:

Jeez when you put it like that......

Highlights how bad Scobbie and Quinn have been for us. On paper both looked sensible signings that would add experience and shore up our defence. Quite the opposite has happened . Edge did a shift for us but is past it now and as for Toshney- please tell me his contract is up in summer.

Toshney, Scobbie & Edge all contracted till end of next season :(

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 21:04, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Livingston have a lot of players out of contract this summer so we should be looking to cherrypick the best from them, and the other teams, in this league and below.

Their defender Halkett has had a great season by all accounts so we should be looking at him.

:D:D:D:D 

Could easily get more money and still play in the Premiership. Falkirk said the same about signing him - little to no chance when there's top six teams sniffing about him

Next season central defensive partnership of Toshney and Moshni.

Play Toshney where he's actually meant to play and he might be a vaguely acceptable option.

I know there's a list somewhere but who are we actually left with next season?

I hope Fyvie signs for next season and we can have him and Stanton in the middle. 

Experienced Keeper

Ralston (ha) Toshney Moshni Robson

Smith Stanton Fyvie King

Striker  Striker 

:1eye

Play Toshney where he's actually meant to play and he might be a vaguely acceptable option.
I hope Fyvie signs for next season and we can have him and Stanton in the middle. 
                      Experienced Keeper
Smith Stanton Fyvie King
           Striker  Striker 

There’s a few decent players In this league I’d look to sign on pre’s:

Derek Gaston, Lee Robinson or Ryan Esson would do for the goals.

Mark Russell Is a good left back. Callum Morris and Tam O’ware could both play well next to Mosh.

Nat Wedderburn, Iain Vigurs or Shaun Byrne could all play next to Fyvie In the middle of the park, hard workers who would just run around bullying players.

Joe Cardle, Aaron Doran and Craig Sibbald would all add something to our wide play.

Nicky Clark, Gavin Reilly and Declan Mcmanus would all get some goals for us up top and know this league well.

14 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

Mark Russell Is a good left back. Callum Morris and Tam O’ware could both play well next to Mosh.

Nat Wedderburn, Iain Vigurs or Shaun Byrne could all play next to Fyvie In the middle of the park, hard workers who would just run around bullying players.

Joe Cardle, Aaron Doran and Craig Sibbald would all add something to our wide play.

Nicky Clark, Gavin Reilly and Declan Mcmanus would all get some goals for us up top and know this league well.

No Imrie?

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Experienced Keeper

Smith Stanton Fyvie King

Striker  Striker 

I think all centre half pairings should have rhyming names. 

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Experienced Keeper

Smith Stanton Fyvie King

Striker  Striker 

You lost me here I'm afraid.

19 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

You do realise that when clubs get promoted they generally stay up, through momentum and signing better players? Especially massive global ones, like Hearts, Hibs and Dundee United.

PicsArt_04-28-01.30.56.jpg

2 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Ooooft. Without wishing to rush to judgement on any one individual, that's a long list of mostly shite you've conjured up there.

4 hours ago, FifeArab said:

garry-468533.jpg.4d002d802562bcf21c4a1d278cc8a54f.jpg

That list could drive anyone to drink. 

Archived