Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DAVIDB69
In the courier we may be Interested In offering Livi midfielder Shaun Byrne a contract.

I assume he comes cheap and is not very good

6 hours ago, FifeArab said:

In the courier we may be Interested In offering Livi midfielder Shaun Byrne a contract.

Livingston have a lot of players out of contract this summer so we should be looking to cherrypick the best from them, and the other teams, in this league and below.

Their defender Halkett has had a great season by all accounts so we should be looking at him.

Signing bigger names from the Premiership never works. We need hungry players who are ambitious and looking to reach the highest level in Scotland; not the likes of Scobbie, McDonald, etc, who are on the way down.

3 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

On the subject of signings.

Anyone who wants us to sign Goodwillie is for the watching.

Heard Hartley wants him at Falkirk. Can't see him going any higher than that.

He's been gubbins since he left us, before Clyde (in a division where Sean Dillon is nominated for Player of the Year).

Heard Hartley wants him at Falkirk. Can't see him going any higher than that.
He's been gubbins since he left us, before Clyde (in a division where Sean Dillon is nominated for Player of the Year).

I’ve been sorely tempted to ask on Twitter if they want us to re-sign Dillon. I’d no doubt get pelters (and obviously I wouldn’t seriously be suggesting it) but Dillon has absolutely strolled League Two this season and if people are asking about Goodie then it would make sense to sign Dillon at the same time. A semi-competent striker would score 20+ goals in League Two, he is nothing more than that.

I’ve been sorely tempted to ask on Twitter if they want us to re-sign Dillon. I’d no doubt get pelters (and obviously I wouldn’t seriously be suggesting it) but Dillon has absolutely strolled League Two this season and if people are asking about Goodie then it would make sense to sign Dillon at the same time. A semi-competent striker would score 20+ goals in League Two, he is nothing more than that.

It will all seem different in the morning when your sober...............

Archived