Dundee United 2017/2018

Roma getting absolutely pumped by Liverpool.*

Fucking pleasing.

Wonder how much the fuckers are going to have to bribe the ref this time????

* Oor Andy’s going to The Champions League final FFS....:thumsup2

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I know we can never, ever be anywhere near the level of football on show tonight I would absolutely fucking love for a United side to play with a high press whilst being really direct and aggressive both on and off the ball. I actually think done properly it is the type of tactic that would work in most Scottish games and in some ways it is the type of game that St.Mirren have played for much of this season. If you can out run and out muscle your opposition and have two or three players with a bit of quality then you are 90% of the way there. Laszlo's ridiculously basic and boring brand of football is going to get us nowhere. 

You can but dream.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Whilst I know we can never, ever be anywhere near the level of football on show tonight I would absolutely fucking love for a United side to play with a high press whilst being really direct and aggressive both on and off the ball. I actually think done properly it is the type of tactic that would work in most Scottish games and in some ways it is the type of game that St.Mirren have played for much of this season. If you can out run and out muscle your opposition and have two or three players with a bit of quality then you are 90% of the way there. Laszlo's ridiculously basic and boring brand of football is going to get us nowhere. 

You can but dream.

You have a short memory.  I remember the game at Motherwell (at a time the home team were quite high up the table) when we played incredible high pressing football and won 4-0.  To his credit, Stuart McColl, the then Motherwell manager, called it the best performance by an away team he had seen at Fir Park.

34 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You have a short memory.  I remember the game at Motherwell (at a time the home team were quite high up the table) when we played incredible high pressing football and won 4-0.  To his credit, Stuart McColl, the then Motherwell manager, called it the best performance by an away team he had seen at Fir Park.

I was at that game.

Shed a tear watching Gauld track their left back all the way into the corner, nick the ball of him and the goal that followed... 

Seems like 20 years ago.

5 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I was at that game.

Shed a tear watching Gauld track their left back all the way into the corner, nick the ball of him and the goal that followed... 

Seems like 20 years ago.

Gauld. Whatever happened to him? 

10 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I was at that game.

Seems like 20 years ago.

I remember Gauld's hattrick of assists against Partick Thistle that season. 

Was a fucking masterclass.  Threading through balls through the eye of a needle. 

Happier times.

Just read the interview Keatings gave about his mental health issues - well done to him for being so brave and going public with it. Hope he gets the help he needs, and well done to Dundee Utd for being so understanding and helpful in his recovery. Really wish him all the best, great Championship level player on his day.

7 hours ago, MacArab said:

I remember Gauld's hattrick of assists against Partick Thistle that season. 

Was a fucking masterclass.  Threading through balls through the eye of a needle. 

Happier times.

Your memory's playing tricks on you, it was four assists. 

9 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Your memory's playing tricks on you, it was four assists. 

"We only score four, we only score four." I think it went...

Now its "Please dont concede more, please dont concede more"

8 hours ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Gauld is still in the Portuguese league, last I heard Sporting had loaned him out.

I read somewhere that he is due to play against Sporting in the Portuguese Cup Final in May, for the club he is loaned to.

Wonder what it'll do for his Sporting career if he scores the winner against them????

14 hours ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Gauld is still in the Portuguese league, last I heard Sporting had loaned him out.

I thought Gauld’s move at the time was exactly the right thing to do; I was convinced his style of play would suit the continental game.

However it has not worked out and I think he needs to look at a move that can kickstart his career.

Archived