Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Image result for city of the future

Hopefully ill have paid my mortgage off by then and can try and buy United over. 

I shall proceed to fill the first team with defensive minded midfielders, young players who are rubbish, an aging ex old firm forward and an apathy that none have seen befo...wait...

Just saw the video on Twitter of Laszlo saying he wants to kill Mohsni - pissed myself even more when I saw that our winger Josh Mullin tagged Halkett, Byrne and Cadden in it ":D:D:D".  Fucking brilliant  

14 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Just saw the video on Twitter of Laszlo saying he wants to kill Mohsni - pissed myself even more when I saw that our winger Josh Mullin tagged Halkett, Byrne and Cadden in it ":D:D:D".  Fucking brilliant  

I saw that Laszlo had a meltdown about the most banterific player in recent Scottish football history being terrible.  The only thing that could have made this more perfect was if Mohsni had been sent off after being responsible for the goal.  I knew Mohsni would provide comic relief but didn't realize that it would be this soon.

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

I saw that Laszlo had a meltdown about the most banterific player in recent Scottish football history being terrible.  The only thing that could have made this more perfect was if Mohsni had been sent off after being responsible for the goal.  I knew Mohsni would provide comic relief but didn't realize that it would be this soon.

To be honest with you, Mohsni was, as most United fans at the game have said, one of if not the best player on the park for us.

Its also a little harsh to say he  was fully responsible for the goal.

If anything, its our manager that is the "Banteriffic" one.

I would like just one week where Laszlo didn’t do something stupid.  Then again maybe the more stupid the more chance of him getting binned.

I have no issue with his starting line up though him playing Murdoch in it was a bit bizarre.  However as the game went on when it was obvious that Robson and Ralston were not performing he should have changed the formation.

Also bringing Slater on and playing him in Fraser’s position was a joke, as was not bringing on Mikkelsen in a game where he might have made a difference.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I would like just one week where Laszlo didn’t do something stupid.  Then again maybe the more stupid the more chance of him getting binned.

I have no issue with his starting line up though him playing Murdoch in it was a bit bizarre.  However as the game went on when it was obvious that Robson and Ralston were not performing he should have changed the formation.

Also bringing Slater on and playing him in Fraser’s position was a joke, as was not bringing on Mikkelsen in a game where he might have made a difference.

The Scobbie situation meant he was limited with options but I agree that we needed to alter things once we ran out of steam. I actually didn't mind the opening 25 minutes or so (much like the QoS game) where it looked like we were playing quite well but then we ran out ideas completely. Personally I thought that if he was going to stick with a 532 then the changes maybe should have been McMullan for Robson (I know he isn't a natural wingback but would have offered going forward) and then Mikkelsen for Fraser with McDonald dropping in to the number 10 role. 

17 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

The Scobbie situation meant he was limited with options but I agree that we needed to alter things once we ran out of steam. I actually didn't mind the opening 25 minutes or so (much like the QoS game) where it looked like we were playing quite well but then we ran out ideas completely. Personally I thought that if he was going to stick with a 532 then the changes maybe should have been McMullan for Robson (I know he isn't a natural wingback but would have offered going forward) and then Mikkelsen for Fraser with McDonald dropping in to the number 10 role. 

McDonald cant play the no 10 role IMO but he could have still brought on Mikkelsen for Fraser and played them together.

He could have reverted to a back four if necessary and pushed Murdoch up to give Stanton more freedom.

Did we force their keeper into a save in the first 25 minutes?  I honestly can’t remember.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

McDonald cant play the no 10 role IMO but he could have still brought on Mikkelsen for Fraser and played them together.

He could have reverted to a back four if necessary and pushed Murdoch up to give Stanton more freedom.

Did we force their keeper into a save in the first 25 minutes?  I honestly can’t remember.

We didn't but I felt that we were getting some good passages of play and we looked fairly solid. Neither Smith or McDonald seemed to want to be an out and out poacher (McDonald drops incredibly deep during spells) which is maybe why we didn't get much joy in the box as I do remember a few decent crosses in the opening spell. 

Was Mohsni really that good on Saturday or is it just a case of the rest of the team being so poor and United having such a bad season that anyone who comes in and looks vaguely competent is immediately given godlike status? A situation I've been in myself as you try desperately to cling onto a glimmer of hope that all will be well.

Last season there was much amusement when Hibs signed Efe Ambrose but he turned out to do OK for them, however I suppose they were in a position of strength when they brought him in. Plus everyone was laughing at his footballing ability rather than the fact he was a total zoomer.

ICT tonight. No point in a match thread as they don't have any supporters on here.

If we lose will Laszlo be punted or are we really stuck with him as MM suggests?

I think the P&B Arabs should take over until the end of the season.

11 hours ago, Stu said:

Was Mohsni really that good on Saturday or is it just a case of the rest of the team being so poor and United having such a bad season that anyone who comes in and looks vaguely competent is immediately given godlike status? A situation I've been in myself as you try desperately to cling onto a glimmer of hope that all will be well.

Last season there was much amusement when Hibs signed Efe Ambrose but he turned out to do OK for them, however I suppose they were in a position of strength when they brought him in. Plus everyone was laughing at his footballing ability rather than the fact he was a total zoomer.

He was very good on Saturday. He is more than good enough for this level if he keeps the head.

25 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

ICT tonight. No point in a match thread as they don't have any supporters on here.

If we lose will Laszlo be punted or are we really stuck with him as MM suggests?

I think the P&B Arabs should take over until the end of the season.

I hope Sturrock will be telling the team what to do.

Csaba will be getting rubbered by everyone, given a biscuit, patted on the head and told to sit down in the dugout. 

If not, i hope we get pumped 4-0 till he gets sacked and half the squad gets punted due to impersonating football players.

The letter Csaba gets should read :

"You tried, pal. You tried. Noone can take that away from you. But you are a rambling c**t with no idea how to be a manager. Get to f**k."

Archived