Fraser

McDonald. Mikklesen

Or

Deniz

Ralston Durnan Moshni Scobbie

Flood Stanton Gillespie

Fraser

McDonald Mikklesen

Normally id go for pace on the wings but our wingers are shite. Id be tempted to play McMullan instead of Mikklesen as Fraser would be able to pick out his runs along with McDonald.

Luggy coming in says to me Laszlo will be oot soon and Luggy will take over till we get someone else.

Or

Laszlo is literally desperate for help because he is utterly useless. Also, whats the point in Ellis if Sturrock is now the coach/advisor? Laszlo clearly dosent listen to Ellis or dosent rate him.

Id appoint Luggy as Director of Football and have him advise the board on all football matters. Hes forgotten more about football than everyone at Tannadice knows put together.

I think with both your line ups we would (hopefully)have less chance of conceding but I don’t see us scoring any.  We need at least one other attacking player in unless Stanton can really push forward and I don’t thing that’s his strength.

I would be worried if Ellis gets sidelined as he seems to be the one with some tactical understanding.  That was 100% obvious from the two games he was in charge.

If Paul Sturrock isn't United manager by the end of the season I'll be shocked. I'd love him to be appointed and fail miserably. Not because I hate United or hate Sturrock, but he's a regular posted on United Mad, so it'd be ample opportunity to get the popcorn out.

35 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I think with both your line ups we would (hopefully)have less chance of conceding but I don’t see us scoring any.  We need at least one other attacking player in unless Stanton can really push forward and I don’t thing that’s his strength.

I would be worried if Ellis gets sidelined as he seems to be the one with some tactical understanding.  That was 100% obvious from the two games he was in charge.

I think Stanton is best picking the ball up deep and travelling with it. My teams would rely on him being the player to link up play. 

I reckon with a fully fit Fraser and two of McDonald, McMullan and Mikklesen we would score more than we do presently. IF we attacked properly. 

Anyway, itll be 451 or 4231 or however its dressed up. So none of it matters!:lol:

On the Ellis point, yes we played better under him, but he must either have the quietest voice, have utterly no backbone or we've actually found two of the most ignorant managers of all time.  Especially Laszlo. And considering (if the story is true) Laszlo asked Sturrock to advise him then what does that say about Ellis?

I dont have any issue with Ellis whatsoever, its just all a bit strange.

I wonder how much of it was actually Ellis himself or a mixture of that and factors such as McKinnon being punted after losing the players confidence, a pressure-less new guy who played them in a simpler role, Fyvie and Fraser clicking and the fans reacting to this new found form and manager change. The good stuff carried on till the Fraser double act got injured and we plummeted. Could it have just been them?

6 hours ago, chazas_ said:

I’d rather not see McDonald again. Just can’t be arsed with his stinky attitude and fat arse. McMullan up front with Tam is worth a try.

As long as theres two up front im at the stage where i dont care who they are.  Even two security guards or two J League kids would do. Better than one guy against 4 defenders with the ball getting launched either at his head or 30 yards beyond him and to the left.

What's Deniz Mehmet been like in goals for you?

I thought he was unlucky at Falkirk, I used to go to the majority of the U20 league games when he was the keeper and I thought he did well.

Quite slow at getting down sometimes but apart from that he was pretty good.

3 hours ago, ka202 said:

I thought he was unlucky at Falkirk, I used to go to the majority of the U20 league games when he was the keeper and I thought he did well.

He played his first league game on Tuesday night and conceded three goals. Played in the diddy cups earlier in the season but was rarely tested. In short, he's not done much either way.

3 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

He played his first league game on Tuesday night and conceded three goals. Played in the diddy cups earlier in the season but was rarely tested. In short, he's not done much either way.

I’ve not watched any highlights but I can’t recall him being at fault for any of the three goals.

During is he game he was caught out of position a few times at set pieces.

11 hours ago, ka202 said:

He had a very good game in one of the Irn-Bru matches, I think the Linfield one. Both Lewis, and now Mehmet have been hung out to dry by a bunch of shitehouses playing in front of them so it is difficult to judge their ability based on the garbage they are playing with. It was definitely the case that Harry Lewis needed a rest so maybe Mehmet will play again tomorrow.

I think it is very difficult to achieve anything without a good goalkeeper. If we are going to bring in another "emergency" loan that is the position I would be looking at.

I don't rate either of Lewis or Mehmet. Their positional sense is embarrassing for professional goalkeepers.

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I think it is very difficult to achieve anything without a good goalkeeper. If we are going to bring in another "emergency" loan that is the position I would be looking at.

I don't rate either of Lewis or Mehmet. Their positional sense is embarrassing for professional goalkeepers.

Are you telling me a young English keeper from a big English team is shite? Shame on you, Szammo! All players south of the border are much better than home grown players!

43 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Are you telling me a young English keeper from a big English team is shite? Shame on you, Szammo! All players south of the border are much better than home grown players!

Just shows that there is very little between the Scottish Championship and English Premier League.

Just found the article. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2407406/coll-donaldson-dundee-united-fans-inverness-quit/

Fucking hell, if the boy was as good at football as he is mental gymnastics hed be playing for Bayern Munich AND Juventus.

He was fucking rotten. I remember him just launching the ball out of play under no pressure, rather than passing it to a team mate and then hurling abuse at the rest of the team.

Also, my favourite one, he fell flat on his face just outside our box, instead of getting up to clear the loose ball which was rolling towards him, he headed it while being horizontal. Straight to an opposing player. Im sure they scored off it. Ive never seen such a big lump fall over so much.

The boy was like Garry Kenneth but without the defensive capabilities.

"When someone was injured he would look at me and think ‘what if it goes wrong?’ because then things would become worse.

“So from that point of view, I was totally at a loss because I had a manager who said he believed in me but I was so low in confidence and so low in self-esteem that he couldn’t trust me.

No Coll, its because you were fucking shite and he didnt want to play you. "What if it goes wrong"...IT meaning you!

And also, the fans didnt boo when we conceded a corner. The fans bood because theres no way on Earth it was a corner. And then the fans bood because not only was it not a corner, our defence failed to deal with the the guy that had an easy, near free header to score.

However, yes there is a toxic atmosphere at Tannadice. Hes right when he says that. But its because we've been watching shite like Coll Donaldson and the so called managers that have selected players like him. The whole place has been a joke for going on 4 years now. Fans are fed up of it and the only thing fans can do at moments like that is boo out of frustration.

A complete non story, the ‘caley thistle ace’ is an appalling footballer and will not amount to anything in the game. He was rightfully kept out the team because he was even worse than the other donkeys we had at the club.

Muirhead was fucking shite as well, and probably still is.

Archived