Dundee United 2017/2018

1 hour ago, skinny arab said:

Emergency loan till transfer window should be looked at.

Only if he does something with his hair.  

He would suit our signing policy of having someone whose name makes it easy to sing about.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Had a read at a few comments from hibs fans, hahahaha let’s just say there delighted he’s leaving

Thing is, as much as we all hate to say it, Hibs are playing at a completely different level from us just now, and I guess the big question is whether this guy has the ability to do the job at our level just now, even though he doesn't seem to be cutting it in the Premiership. The way the Hibees are playing just now, he has some stiff competition there tbf.

He is a possibility, but am hopefully not being naive when I say that I have confidence that Csaba has a few options in mind, and Operation Punt Patrick was the first step in him executing his plan.

The reality is that any player we bring in will not be playing regularly or will be a free agent. It is then up to the coaches and management to get the best out of whoever that might be. I think Csaba is the type of manager who would be able to elevate the performances of someone who is low on confidence/out of form. 

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

The reality is that any player we bring in will not be playing regularly or will be a free agent. It is then up to the coaches and management to get the best out of whoever that might be. I think Csaba is the type of manager who would be able to elevate the performances of someone who is low on confidence/out of form. 

Spot on. He has done exactly that with pretty much our whole squad imo.:rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Spot on. He has done exactly that with pretty much our whole squad imo.:rolleyes:

I know it is early days but I haven't had as much confidence in a manager since Levein. I don't expect things to be back to the hazy days of 2008/9/10 but in terms of being an actual manager then Csaba is as good as we have had since then. Houston rode on the Levein coattails, McNamara was a flash in the pan, Mixu was a maniac and McKinnon was out of his depth. The thing I like about Laszlo (and why he is similar to Levein) is that even already you can see that the team know exactly what is expected of them, exactly the system they should play and the reassurance from the touchline breeds belief. 

9 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I know it is early days but I haven't had as much confidence in a manager since Levein. I don't expect things to be back to the hazy days of 2008/9/10 but in terms of being an actual manager then Csaba is as good as we have had since then. Houston rode on the Levein coattails, McNamara was a flash in the pan, Mixu was a maniac and McKinnon was out of his depth. The thing I like about Laszlo (and why he is similar to Levein) is that even already you can see that the team know exactly what is expected of them, exactly the system they should play and the reassurance from the touchline breeds belief. 

Most blatant example from this season must have been the game in Paisley.  Ross obviously had the Maureens organised, every time they took possession they moved the ball forward with ease and looked dangerous.  The United team looked like a group of players who had been thrown together and put out on the park without any instructions.

Most blatant example from this season must have been the game in Paisley.  Ross obviously had the Maureens organised, every time they took possession they moved the ball forward with ease and looked dangerous.  The United team looked like a group of players who had been thrown together and put out on the park without any instructions.

Looking back that should have been the game McKinnon was sacked. Astonishingly bad performance.

36 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Actually after Hamilton second leg but I take your point.

Yeah I was probably in the minority who was willing to give McKinnon another transfer window and start of the season but in hindsight we should have moved much earlier (although Laszlo might not have been able/willing to come then). 

On 21/12/2017 at 19:31, stumigoo said:

Yeah I was probably in the minority who was willing to give McKinnon another transfer window and start of the season but in hindsight we should have moved much earlier (although Laszlo might not have been able/willing to come then). 

That wasn’t a minority on here tbh.  I totally agree re: Csaba, we may have not got him had we asked McKinnon earlier.

Looking back that should have been the game McKinnon was sacked. Astonishingly bad performance.

"Correct" UTD looked like they'd met for the 1st time on the team bus that morning, Ray was the only guy in the ground who didn't seem to see the need for subs........I drove home that night knowing his time was up, chairman shoulda sacked him that night.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

That wasn’t a minority on here tbh.  I totally agree re: Csaba, we may have not got him had we asked McKinnon earlier.

Yip. The timing has worked well in terms of securing Csaba's services,  and tbh, I think he has come in in the nick of time to do the biz this year and get us back where we belong. 

Can't wait for Saturday, as every week that goes by with us playing the way we have been, convinces me of this a little bit more.

P2BAA 8)

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Nah, not for me. Great goalscorer and a good guy no doubt but contributed very little in terms of building play. Fraser's a far more effective player in that position.

This.

Archived