5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Fraser would if he continues as he has for the last few games, I’d not be unhappy if we got an offer for Robson.  He may have potential but on a season where we’re trying to win promotion I’d be happier with a more experienced left back.

I actually think that Robson has made a major step up recently, but agree that he is the bare minimum in terms of acceptable level that we can afford to have, and the fact that he is the best (and pretty much only) option we have at LB is pretty terrifying tbh, and for me, arranging back up/competition is fucking vital in Jan.

As for Fraser, let's see if he can stay injury free for a bit, and if he can continue to offer the same quality he has shown in the last few games, (until promotion is a mathematical ccertainty) we may finally actually have a player there. Still to be fully convinced tbh as he has had a few false dawns before..... will be delighted for him wherever he goes in the summer (as long as he does his part in getting  us promoted).

Robson I can see progressing to greater things, as Douglas did.

Fraser unfortunately has a level of shitebaggery and headchickenerry to his game that I doubt can be trained out.

Hearing the Jordie Briels might be finished, both for us and in general due to athritis in his hips. Needing an operation

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Hearing the Jordie Briels might be finished, both for us and in general due to athritis in his hips. Needing an operation

That's horrible, poor lad.

United-wise, that's him, Flood and Toshney all out as DM options. Murdoch can play there, and Stanton. Anyone else, who am I forgetting?

Edited by banana

40 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

So it will likely be

Fyvie Stanton

McMullan Keatings King

McDonald

For the foreseeable then?

What have you done with Fraser?

3 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Ssh.  Don’t ask leading questions.

Think you of all people would know this.

9 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

That's not a leading question, Granny. I genuinely don't know the answer.

I’m not sure either tbh.

Fraser will be in our starting line up until:

1. He gets injured;

2. He gets sold;

3;  It gets really cold/miserable and he retracts back into his shell*; or

4. He signs a pre-contract and decides he doesn’t want to put in the effort for us.

* I seriously think Fraser would play far better in a warmer climate; he really looks uncomfortable at times playing in cold, dark, wet conditions.

53 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

His recent up turn in form only deserves him of a place on the bench in my hypothetical United line up.

Thank Christ we changed managers when we did; we now have a reasonable chance at automatic promotion this season.

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Thank Christ we changed managers when we did; we now have a reasonable chance at automatic promotion this season.

Imagine if we'd punted the donkey after the playoffs? We might have had a ten point lead by now!

Really looking forward to see what January brings in terms of recruitment. Sounds like Laszlo has 3 or 4 in mind and I know he has had Darren Taylor out looking at games so we might see at least a couple of new faces. I know it has been mentioned before but I personally would also like to see Ballantyne back from Montrose. Not sure the ins and outs of his loan deal but he is a much more natural fullback than Murdoch (who has been okay to be fair). He is better at getting forward which is a big part of Laszlo's game-plan.

If we can get at least 4 points out of our next two games then we can head into the St.Mirren game full of confidence. Glad that the game in Paisley is on BT Sport as I can't make it so delighted I won't miss it completely. 

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Imagine if we'd punted the donkey after the playoffs? We might have had a ten point lead by now!

I agree that he should have gone in the summer but it was a minority view.  On the plus side we might not have got Csaba; I’m certainly happy with him on the evidence to date.

I think he will probably try get in another left back and centre half. Doubtful Quinn will get another deal due to his constant injuries.

Always a target man striker and probably try & move N’Koyi on. Only other position I think we might try strengthening is centre mid but just due to injuries

12 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I agree that he should have gone in the summer but it was a minority view.  On the plus side we might not have got Csaba; I’m certainly happy with him on the evidence to date.

Im very happy with Csaba too. Hes a likeable guy and seems to know how to set a team up which is a change! Maybe we could have had him in at the start of the season? Was he even available? Dosent really matter now i suppose, still plenty time to build up a gap now.

I still think almost anyone would have done better than Ray.