Dundee United 2017/2018

6 hours ago, The Master said:

Really good after-dinner speaker. 

A lot of former referees on the circuit are actually pretty decent. 

Willie Young came to our supporters club meeting once, the day after giving Latapy (of the old Rangers) their obligatory dodgy penalty at Tannadice which helped them to  1-0 win. 

Couldn't believe how well he came accross, and the his extremely frosty reception became a warm and fond farewell by the end of his chat & Q&A.

Real eye opener.....

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not related to anything currently happening at United but here is a guy who when he was here was never really rated that highly (dependable but not outstanding). Since leaving Tannadice he has carved out a pretty impressive career path and has at least had the bravery of trying out some different leagues and cultures on the way (I'm talking about Poland and Turkey not Wolverhampton). If it wasn't for Robertson and Tierney then might he be talked about for the Scotland squad?

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 19.33.04.png

Really good after-dinner speaker. 
A lot of former referees on the circuit are actually pretty decent. 

Agree, One of Rowbottoms opening lines is a classic....."We all remember our first w**k boys.....mine was Willie Miller" after that the crowd us his (probably not used in Aberdeen mind).

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Not related to anything currently happening at United but here is a guy who when he was here was never really rated that highly (dependable but not outstanding). Since leaving Tannadice he has carved out a pretty impressive career path and has at least had the bravery of trying out some different leagues and cultures on the way (I'm talking about Poland and Turkey not Wolverhampton). If it wasn't for Robertson and Tierney then might he be talked about for the Scotland squad?

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 19.33.04.png

Great image. He is certainly a better player than several called up for the Holland game. As you say maybe a bit unfortunate Scotland's strongest position by a large margin is left back. Hope he gets a call up though. Wolves are flying.

The only positive I can take from yesterday is this:

If the new manager needs any indication as to how tough this league will be then I’d rather he gets it as early as this.

If he needs any indication of the players’ inconsistency then I’d rather he gets it as early as this.

If he needs any confirmation that we need a big target man to offer a plan B approach when required I’d rather he gets it as early as this.

5 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Right, don't take this the wrong way, but Dundee United   :lol:

f**k me! One win against The Team Formerly Known As Rangers, and they're on here all Billy Big Baws.......

ETA. We have a 100 % record against these cnuts. Dees canna say the same....

f**k me! One win against The Team Formerly Known As Rangers, and they're on here all Billy Big Baws.......
ETA. We have a 100 % record against these cnuts. Dees canna say the same....

You’re playing fundesliga football and dropped points to Brechin, so I can see why you would try to take any victory over dundee, no matter how trivial it is. Chin up mate! Not too high though, or you’ll see the Dees waving back down at you.

Hi KT, as always, it is always great to see your well thought out contribution to our thread. Always valued and appreciated.

Please please please, make sure you make the most out of what must be an absolute golden era to be a Dee.

It has been brutally hard to be an Arab for the last few years, and we are all well aware of where we are, but I now know what it must have felt like to be a  Dee for a generation, if not 2 or 3, and I can't imagine how hard it must have been for you all to spend so long In the 'Fundesliga', hence your enjoyment at our misfortune now.

Enjoy where you are for the moment, and milk it for all it is worth, because when the natural order is restored, we'll be piling it back onto you in spades....... Have no doubt.

Arabest 8)

Hi KT, as always, it is always great to see your well thought out contribution to our thread. Always valued and appreciated.
Please please please, make sure you make the most out of what must be an absolute golden era to be a Dee.
It has been brutally hard to be an Arab for the last few years, and we are all well aware of where we are, but I now know what it must have felt like to be a  Dee for a generation, if not 2 or 3, and I can't imagine how hard it must have been for you all to spend so long In the 'Fundesliga', hence your enjoyment at our misfortune now.
Enjoy where you are for the moment, and milk it for all it is worth, because when the natural order is restored, we'll be piling it back onto you in spades....... Have no doubt.
Arabest 8)

Natural order ?? I think the facts disagree. The fact is that where we are now IS the natural order.
4a5989a0530ca524d831f48609921cae.jpg

Just keeping you educated.

Natural order ?? I think the facts disagree. The fact is that where we are now IS the natural order.

4a5989a0530ca524d831f48609921cae.jpg

Just keeping you educated.

[emoji1]

All that has proved is that from 1964ish onwards, nearly 54 years ago, United have been the top team, outwith about 5 seasons.

I have to say that I think that it's awfy decent of Bobbycoxblue to pop in here and offer mathematical proof that United have been the dominant team in the city over the past 50 years. Great job on the graph btw, makes really interesting reading.

Seeing that our period of dominance started 10 years before I was born, and save for a few blips here and there throughout my lifetime where we slipped below the standards expected of a DUFC team, I maintain that from my perspective,  natural order has been upset in the last year or 2!!

I have firm belief however that this will sort itself out over the next few years, and we'll be back where we belong, and as I have always known it..... Lording it over the Dees. 8)

Archived