Dundee United 2017/2018

9 hours ago, Twinkle said:

I can tell you that the players have stopped playing for him. That comes from one of the regular first team players

Eta - whether that is in regards to effort or the fact the players lost faith is a different story

This backs up my argument in a nutshell. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I said , this is how football is fucked.  If you are employed as an underling for a business of any type and you fail to do your job , you ( not your manager ) undergo a series of warnings before being punted.  
What chance does a football manager have when the players he took on in good faith fail to deliver,  safe in the knowledge that they won't even be questioned over their performance ?   The following manager then has the task of working with these players hoping they won't do the same to him . If that is the way successful businesses run then god help them . Players should be held as responsible for failure as the manager and the gullible fans should let them know about it.  Contracts should be drawn up to factor in such failure. 

Seez peace.

You obviously can't go and get rid of all the players if things aren't going well.

That's not how football works. Does that mean it's fucked? No not at all. It's completely different to any other business.

Stop being stupid.

43 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

This backs up my argument in a nutshell. 

If McKinnon has lost the dressing room then it simply confirms that he had to go. He signed virtually every single player. If they no longer have confidence in him then he has no chance. It's disappointing but it doesn't undermine the decision to let him go.

He paid money for  Toshney which should've been a sackable offence on its own never mind the recent results.

Toshney was our poty the season before so you can see why he wanted him. He's obviously just turned to pish for you guys.

Toshney might have turned out to be the Scottish Baresi, but we'll never know as McKinnon insisted on playing him at right back when every single person who had watched him in his POTY season said his best position was centre back.

To me he always looked like someone who gives 100% but has only recently started playing football, like that mate you have who plays rugby but started coming along to fives.

4 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

As I said , this is how football is fucked.  If you are employed as an underling for a business of any type and you fail to do your job , you ( not your manager ) undergo a series of warnings before being punted.  

What chance does a football manager have when the players he took on in good faith fail to deliver,  safe in the knowledge that they won't even be questioned over their performance ?   The following manager then has the task of working with these players hoping they won't do the same to him . If that is the way successful businesses run then god help them . Players should be held as responsible for failure as the manager and the gullible fans should let them know about it.  Contracts should be drawn up to factor in such failure. 

You could add into that argument the players that ended up getting the manager punted in the first place are safe till either  a. january or b. they managed to negotiate a release, so you have a potential problem player thats secure in a job to f*ck up the next manager.  This is where i think the transfer windown should be scrapped it wont have any impact on Celtic running away with the league Sevco arent the club they used to be so you dont have the same problems with players being bought to weaken opposition through the season.

7 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Flood in paper saying he still reckons McKinnon was the man to turn it around.

He diminishes in my eyes each and every week and that's no mean feat.

Hes'not exactly going to say anything else though until his sacking is confirmed or that would be the end of his united career under Mckinnon.

11 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

I think it’ll be the McIntyre/Dodds dream team. That’s got me more worried than any of the other potential candidates.

McIntyre impressed me as Pars boss. Signed lower league boys like Cardle, Bell, Gibson and had them tear up the league before closing out the title with Rusty and Hardie. When the pressure was on us the players breezed through games you expected to be nervy. Would rather United looked elsewhere, though their track record of turning previously impressive managers to shite should give us hope. 

59 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Flood in paper saying he still reckons McKinnon was the man to turn it around.

He diminishes in my eyes each and every week and that's no mean feat.

Flood will be loyal to McKinnon because McKinnon has been loyal to  him.  He's played him even when he's been awful.

Given Flood's performance on Saturday I'm surprised he has the audacity to offer an opinion.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Flood will be loyal to McKinnon because McKinnon has been loyal to  him.  He's played him even when he's been awful.

Given Flood's performance on Saturday I'm surprised he has the audacity to offer an opinion.

He still playing full back ?

bewildering the money you have at your disposal and you end up playing midfielders for full backs

Archived