You appear to have neglected to mention what he did at his last club. Any particular reason for that?

No particular reason, I’m not saying Hughes is the only option but I do not buy into the man being a moron with a poor track record like some on here - when he clearly isn’t.

Csaba Laszlo is available. I'd take him

Sent from my MotoG3 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

That would be alright. He's off his head.

Actually, given Lille's form I suspect Marcelo Bielsa will be available soon. That's the dream

Im happy enough with the win and performance. Especially compared to the recent results and performances.

If Ray has learned that it must be 2 up top whenever possible then thats a positive too. If not that peg is still shoogly as f**k.

2 up top is an improvement but punting it to two midget instead of one is not the answer.

All in all I thought we merited win but I didn't leave the ground thinking I had just seen league champions.

No. But it was eleventy million times better than the crimes against football we've witnessed this season so far.

When the ball was moving from feet to feet it was decent. Unfortunately, we dont seem to have anyone in defence who can pass a football properly.

Robson, Edge and Durnan are incapable of short forward passes. Its either sideways or hoofed. Murdoch is marginally better but thats not saying hes very good.

On 9/21/2017 at 23:07, invergowrie arab said:

I'm down the middle with Thompson.

Performed miracles to steady the ship financially and at the same time improve the infrastructure around the club to have us playing the best football, with best squad and best youth system since peak McLean.

Unfortunately he is also an arrogant b*****d with a chip on his shoulder about his "inheritance" and has had an attitude that no good deed he has done should go unrewarded.

I don't know what McNamara had over him but he basically broke him. What McNamara and pals got away with was a disgrace and their contracts unbelievable for an untested management team. It was a serious failure of leadership at the club and one that the board and wider family have to share culpability for.

The idea fans should hound him out is an utter nonsense. Again I would like to see him gone but the replacement needs to be right for the club. I have no truck with the utter brain donors in the fed and AT but I think the new supporters body looks like a positive step as they are actively encouraging intelligent people and formed in Frews which is where all sensible Arabs and Jim Spence drink.

What was it McNamara got away with? I know about him getting a percentage of transfer fees; but I personally think that's a good deal for all parties although I appreciate how others can see a conflict of interest there.

Edited by thommohawk
grammar

4 hours ago, thommohawk said:

What was it McNamara got away with? I know about him getting a percentage of transfer fees; but I personally think that's a good deal for all parties although I appreciate how others can see a conflict of interest there.

The times he and his cronies did turn up to take training they were usually pished. Mostly Jackson and Donnelly but rumours were they were all at it.

Seemingly they had a run in with someone at the club, Mcnamara was told to sort them out or they were getting sacked. Mcnamara said if they go, i go. This was just before the Tim Two when we were flying high in the league.

By the end, supposedly Mcnamara and Thompson werent on speaking terms due to the disrespect Mcnamara showed to everyone at the club too. Thought he was too big for United while we were rapidly slipping into the Abyss with him at the helm. Hence why Thompson gave him the famous letter of sackage after getting humped by St. Johnstone i think it was?

They are the rumours i heard. I wouldnt be surprised if there were alot more.

Allegedly.

When Stephen Thompson took over he continued the plan of giving Craig Levein the freedom of Tannadice. Because Levein was professional and did things properly it meant that behind the scenes we were in a really strong place. Unfortunately he allowed McNamara to have the same influence and despite a decent start he, Donnelly and Jackson started taking the piss which left us in a total mess as Jackie burned bridges with a lot of good people and allowed the Campbell thing to get out of hand. 

Also many stories of the 3 stooges chasing student skirt in St Andrews and that the unkempt tramp was shagging Thompson's sister, who was actually on the board at the time

42 minutes ago, Beardy23 said:

Also many stories of the 3 stooges chasing student skirt in St Andrews and that the unkempt tramp was shagging Thompson's sister, who was actually on the board at the time

Heard that one too. Forgot about that! <Shudder>

12 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

The times he and his cronies did turn up to take training they were usually pished. Mostly Jackson and Donnelly but rumours were they were all at it.

Seemingly they had a run in with someone at the club, Mcnamara was told to sort them out or they were getting sacked. Mcnamara said if they go, i go. This was just before the Tim Two when we were flying high in the league.

By the end, supposedly Mcnamara and Thompson werent on speaking terms due to the disrespect Mcnamara showed to everyone at the club too. Thought he was too big for United while we were rapidly slipping into the Abyss with him at the helm. Hence why Thompson gave him the famous letter of sackage after getting humped by St. Johnstone i think it was?

They are the rumours i heard. I wouldnt be surprised if there were alot more.

Allegedly.

Oh right, I wasn't aware of any of that! The turning up pished is sackable on it's own; hard to get professional athletes to buy-in to you if you're turning up drunk.

Thanks for the clarification.

So it seems there were a few things! The Leader (ST) ultimately has to have control and it seems like he was being undermined!

Mcnamara is a cretin and an awful manager with an ego the size of his beloved Celtic Park. 

He took York down the same season we went down. 2 in one season. Plus York couldnt afford to sack him due to the fact he invested his own money. So they 'promoted' to CEO to him to get him away from the dugout.

I hope you guys touting the likes of Houston and McIntyre are joking, drunk or recently bereaved. The alternative wouldn't paint you in a particularly favourable light.