Dundee United 2017/2018

5 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

The Man U manager was not very good at football ether. 

What are you on about?

You specifically said that McIntyre did well at Queens.  I'm saying he didn't.  Some ethereal performance by a Man United manager is not relevant to your ignorant and misguided claim.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Would someone like that not be needing a bit of money for the transfer market? Or could he make the proverbial silk purse from the sow's ear of your current squad?

Why in particular would they need more cash than a rookie? I would argue a safe option would be able to get more out of the current players due to experience working with different players and coaches, have better contacts for replacements etc. Like McCall. 

There are some players in that squad that have some talent which could be coaxed out of them by a good manager. The likes of Billy King, Scott Fraser, Sam Stanton, Tam Scobbie and Paul McMullan. Christ id even throw Jamie Robson in there.

We've seen them have good games this season. There's no reason why they cant be more consistent under a competant manager, whatever age he is.

3 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Why in particular would they need more cash than a rookie? I would argue a safe option would be able to get more out of the current players due to experience working with different players and coaches, have better contacts for replacements etc. Like McCall. 

There are some players in that squad that have some talent which could be coaxed out of them by a good manager. The likes of Billy King, Scott Fraser, Sam Stanton, Tam Scobbie and Paul McMullan. Christ id even throw Jamie Robson in there.

We've seen them have good games this season. There's no reason why they cant be more consistent under a competant manager, whatever age he is.

Yeah, we’ve seen a positive reaction of the players already this season when McKinnon got binned.  No reason they couldn’t be motivated again.

3 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I didn't mention a rookie and how much cash they would need. I asked would they not be needing a bit of money for the transfer market, but you seem to think they could get promotion with the current squad - fair enough, you know your team a lot better than I do.

11 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I didn't mention a rookie and how much cash they would need. I asked would they not be needing a bit of money for the transfer market, but you seem to think they could get promotion with the current squad - fair enough, you know your team a lot better than I do.

Sorry, I must have picked you up wrong.

We would definitely need some new players for next season. No chance we would go up without having a better keeper, whole defence, new strikers, keep hold of Fyvie, Fraser and Mohsni. But there would be some cash as the likes of McDonald, Edgenguele, Flood, Durnan, Murdoch, Toshney, all 5 or 6 loanees and hopefully Laszlo will all be away hopefully. Hopefully. Hopefully someone is stupid enough to take the under contract players in that list.

Please.

Anyone.

The SSPCA are always looking for volounteer dog walkers are they not?

46 minutes ago, Beardy23 said:

"The SSPCA are always looking for volounteer dog walkers are they not?"

Toshney's injury record would rule him out

Grind him into dog food. Hes always been dog shite at football anyways, just finish the job.

Grind him into dog food. Hes always been dog shite at football anyways, just finish the job.

Harsh, but would certainly be a spectacle that would make a change from the junior games at half time.

Following your train of though perhaps squad decimation after every loss would help concentrate minds and increase our teams competitiveness?

15 minutes ago, Reverend Maynard said:

Harsh, but would certainly be a spectacle that would make a change from the junior games at half time.

Following your train of though perhaps squad decimation after every loss would help concentrate minds and increase our teams competitiveness?

Good idea.

Worst player each game gets minced. 

4 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Alex Ferguson had a poor first season with Man Utd.

I feel we are on the cusp of greatness.

Think only things your club is on the cusp of is League One and Administration  

Archived