Dundee United 2017/2018

Would be happy to see a different team to start the next few games with two or three players needing dropped/rested. Wouldn't be against - 

Mehmet

Ballantyne

Durnan

Scobbie (if fit)

Mason

Gillespie

Stanton

McMullan

Smith

King

Mikkelsen

I'd also be happy if Chalmers, Kadded and Martin got an opportunity. I don't like Robson, and I cannot be fucked with Scott McDonald at the moment. Lyng hasn't shown anything since signing (although he was totally isolated today). Flood needs dropped, Lewis needs a break, Slater has done nothing and for me Murdoch doesn't deserve to play ahead of a natural right-back that has not been given an opportunity. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the 2nd showed we need to play 2 up top as we came more into the game after making that change. Might be worth trying McMullan off of one of the 2 useless Danes as he has a bit of pace and at least showed a bit of effort when he came on today, plus MacDonald has been utter dugshite recently although playing him right up top in a 2 should bring out the best in him. 

Aye, we lost away to the 2nd best team in the country, nice wee TV earner and a share of a 11.6K crowd.
You got humped oot by Motherwell with a home crowd of 4.6K
GIRFUY:lol:

Imagine trying to piggyback Aberdeen’s home attendance to make yourself feel better :lol:
We’re both out, but only one of us is down.

I'm beginning to wonder if goalkeeper is Harry Lewis's natural position. Maybe try him at right back next time?

We were much better once McDonald and McMullan came on but the game was already  gone. Lyng needs to get in the bin.

4 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Imagine trying to piggyback Aberdeen’s home attendance to make yourself feel better :lol:

It's not a crowd-w**k.  He's talking about the commercials - we get a share of 11.6K ticket sales.  What did you get?

8 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Would be happy to see a different team to start the next few games with two or three players needing dropped/rested. Wouldn't be against - 

Mehmet

Ballantyne

Durnan

Scobbie (if fit)

Mason

Gillespie

Stanton

McMullan

Smith

King

Mikkelsen

So we are clear, you want to play a formation that’s not working including a striker who has been dogshit since he came back and in particular has proven that he’s incapable of playing as a lone striker?

Possibly the most ridiculous thing I’ve seen you post.

4 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I'm beginning to wonder if goalkeeper is Harry Lewis's natural position. Maybe try him at right back next time?

We were much better once McDonald and McMullan came on but the game was already  gone. Lyng needs to get in the bin.

Agree about Lyng.  We were better when McDonald and McMullan came on but dropped out of it again when Mikkelsen was introduced.

Mehmet

Ballantyne
Durnan
Scobbie (if fit)
Mason

Gillespie
Stanton

McMullan
Smith
King

Mikkelsen

I'd also be happy if Chalmers, Kadded and Martin got an opportunity. I don't like Robson, and I cannot be fucked with Scott McDonald at the moment. Lyng hasn't shown anything since signing (although he was totally isolated today). Flood needs dropped, Lewis needs a break, Slater has done nothing and for me Murdoch doesn't deserve to play ahead of a natural right-back that has not been given an opportunity. 

Agree bar would play Stanton further forward, but no chance Shabba would start Ballantyne and drop Robson

Id like to see

Mehmet

Ballantyne Durnan Scobbie Anyone else

Smith   Stanton  Gillespie    King

Mikkleson  McMullan

Inexperienced and light down the right but surely offer more going forward. Not a fan of Smith, think hes a headless chicken with zero body strength but thats the only other player i can think of.

17 hours ago, RawB93 said:

And only one of us has won the Scottish Cup in the last 107 years. Pipe doon.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Id like to see

Mehmet

Ballantyne Durnan Scobbie Anyone else

Smith   Stanton  Gillespie    King

Mikkleson  McMullan

Inexperienced and light down the right but surely offer more going forward. Not a fan of Smith, think hes a headless chicken with zero body strength but thats the only other player i can think of.

Equally I am not a fan of Mikkelsen but if we have to play him it has to be in a 4-4-2 alongside the likes of McMullan.  Maybe even swap McMullan and Smith or give Kadded a chance.

Robson is horrific but is Mason any better?

On the bright side there are two Fridays before our next game.  :)

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

And only one of us is playing top-tier football THIS season.

It's all about the cups, mate. 

In 20 years time, when people look at the records, they won't see that United were in the Championship.  They'll just see that we've won two big cups to your one and that your only win was more than a century ago.  Even Scotland's oldest person still alive hasn't seen you win The Cup.

Archived