Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Recalling Ballantyne from Montrose clearly a pointless exercise as we try another midfielder at right back. 

To be fair I think he is cup-tied today is he not? But I agree, shocking that he has not been played since his recall given he is the only natural right-back at the club. We should have held on to Dillon...

1 minute ago, chazas_ said:

Gillespie looks like he could be alright. Other than that our signings in January are absolutely tragic. And I’ve never seen Mehmet play but surely he deserves a chance over Lewis?

Yeah Gillespie looked good.

Lyng is not any better up from than he is wide, Mikkelsen is a joke and, sadly, Slater is not looking great.  Also McDonald does not look interested anymore.

I feel sorry for Billy King, he really looks up for it and it must be demoralising for the likes of him and Stanton to be playing in such a poor team.

11 minutes ago, chazas_ said:

Gillespie looks like he could be alright. Other than that our signings in January are absolutely tragic. And I’ve never seen Mehmet play but surely he deserves a chance over Lewis?

I'd be more than happy for Mehmet to be given a few games. Felt sorry for Gillespie that his first game is at right-back against Aberdeen and he was playing directly next to Stewart Murdoch.

I thought scobbie was meant to be back for today? If not hopefully back for the next match. What's frustrating is you can see there's the potential for a team which should do the business in the championship. Lazlo needs to stop playing formation tombola and actually put players in their correct place. Mehmet in goal. Back four of ballantyne, Durnan, scobbie, Robson (or mason). Midfield of king, Gillespie, Stanton and mcmullan and one of the big lumps up top with McDonald.

1 minute ago, dregs 83 said:

I thought scobbie was meant to be back for today? If not hopefully back for the next match. What's frustrating is you can see there's the potential for a team which should do the business in the championship. Lazlo needs to stop playing formation tombola and actually put players in their correct place. Mehmet in goal. Back four of ballantyne, Durnan, scobbie, Robson (or mason). Midfield of king, Gillespie, Stanton and mcmullan and one of the big lumps up top with McDonald.

McDonald?  Seriously?  When was the last time he had anything approaching a decent game for us?  When was the last time he looked remotely interested?

Unfortunately  both the “big lumps”are shite.  I’d try Kadded with McMullan up front and Smith in the wide role.  Keep the ball down and try to recreate the sort of football we were playing in the 10 games  after McKinnon went.

McDonald?  Seriously?  When was the last time he had anything approaching a decent game for us?  When was the last time he looked remotely interested?
Unfortunately  both the “big lumps”are shite.  I’d try Kadded with McMullan up front and Smith in the wide role.  Keep the ball down and try to recreate the sort of football we were playing in the 10 games  after McKinnon went.

Yeh fair play that does sound a better option, I was more making the point that there isn't really a need to be throwing together the patchwork defences and midfields that we are fielding at the moment (aside from how only having one recognised centre back affects the team). Not championing McDonald either, I can't wait to see the back of him, but he's still capable of putting the ball in the back of the net if he's actually deployed as a box playing striker, and therefore could still play a role in the run in. But yeh, agree to switch to your suggestion up front and that's the starting 11 I would go with.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Hi to all the Arabs that visited our thread to comment on our defeat yesterday. GIRFUY emoji4.png

Aye, we lost away to the 2nd best team in the country, nice wee TV earner and a share of a 11.6K crowd.

You got humped oot by Motherwell with a home crowd of 4.6K

GIRFUY:lol:

Archived