Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

His agents will be well clued up before he walks out at Dens, I'll bet he has walk away and sell on clauses all signed in blood.

Will be like the Mark Wilson deal from years ago.

He'll get 50% of any transfer fee and a 500k release fee or something.

Anyway, im not looking forward to Sunday.

Paul Paton keeps on liking tweets from United fans asking him to come back.

Anybody else think we should go for him?

Also. Right back Ziggy Gordon is looking for a club along with Mateluvicius, a Lithuanian striker that hibs released on deadline day.

Just chucking names out there to see what others think

3 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Also. Right back Ziggy Gordon is looking for a club along with Mateluvicius, a Lithuanian striker that hibs released on deadline day.

Nope

Yes

Who? Worth a punt probably.

1 hour ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Why can Thompson no just pull the plug...

I don't buy the "Dundee is just a proxy for Celtic with Caulker" argument but that isn't about United so I'll stop there.

Here's an honest question. Obviously you want to bring in the best players you can, but wouldn't Paton, Gordon and/or Mateluvicius  be looking for Premiership wages? You already have a strong squad, albeit some of your better players are injured, but even the most optimistic United fan must think taking the title from your current position too much of a task? If that's the case, and because you are hardly rolling in the mullah, and because you are pretty much assured a play off place, is spending more money the answer?

I don't buy the "Dundee is just a proxy for Celtic with Caulker" argument but that isn't about United so I'll stop there.

Here's an honest question. Obviously you want to bring in the best players you can, but wouldn't Paton, Gordon and/or Mateluvicius  be looking for Premiership wages? You already have a strong squad, albeit some of your better players are injured, but even the most optimistic United fan must think taking the title from your current position too much of a task? If that's the case, and because you are hardly rolling in the mullah, and because you are pretty much assured a play off place, is spending more money the answer?

Depends on how desperate we are. I’m just throwing names out there.

What I will say is that despite making nine signings, we’re still weak. We don’t have a right back and we don’t have a proper CDM (Flood doesn’t count). Gordon is an RB and Paton is a CDM who are both proven at this level and above.

No, spending money isn't the answer..............getting drunk is the answer. Getting drunk is ALWAYS the answer................

We are not going to win the league and the chance of us going up via the playoffs is tiny.

I reckon we’ve already committed enough money bringing in players that don’t suit the only formation that the manager is willing to play.

Whilst this may appear negative it is my genuine view of where we are.  I’m not in favour of wasting more money.

It will be amusing when the diddees new hope turns out to be utter shite. The hyperbole on the diddee thread is hilarious. Talk of "owing it to him" and being Calker's "new hope";  the minks will be out of the cup in the next 24 hours and the perennial yo-yos will be looking at another relegation. Thank you.

It will be amusing when the diddees new hope turns out to be utter shite. The hyperbole on the diddee thread is hilarious. Talk of "owing it to him" and being Calker's "new hope";  the minks will be out of the cup in the next 24 hours and the perennial yo-yos will be looking at another relegation. Thank you.

And? If there wasn't hope, what'd be the point in supporting a club outwith Celtic? Dundee fans tend to fall deepest at times for downright craziness (Myself included) but which Scottish team's fanbase wouldn't get overly excited about a signing like this?

Let's say Caulker proves to be shite and an utter disastrous signing. Who benefits? United get a little giggle at Dundee, but other than that? It's symptomatic of being a Scottish football supporter - there's always got to be a downside because Scottish football is shite. It's that attitude that degenerates our game.

I don't know if it's just P&B, or the Internet in general, but there's a severe lack of allowing oneself to get carried away in the 'fantasy' as it were in Scottish football these days with only too many always ready to put one down.

And before anyone has a pop at me for revelling in United's misery - I very rarely post in this thread and it is only the relegation night that I revel in, because again, it's the type of game that any supporter would revel in. I'm not here to try and consistently take the piss, because I know what a shite time it is you lot are having and it'd be oh, so easy to once again swap positions.

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

And? If there wasn't hope, what'd be the point in supporting a club outwith Celtic? Dundee fans tend to fall deepest at times for downright craziness (Myself included) but which Scottish team's fanbase wouldn't get overly excited about a signing like this?

Let's say Caulker proves to be shite and an utter disastrous signing. Who benefits? United get a little giggle at Dundee, but other than that? It's symptomatic of being a Scottish football supporter - there's always got to be a downside because Scottish football is shite. It's that attitude that degenerates our game.

I don't know if it's just P&B, or the Internet in general, but there's a severe lack of allowing oneself to get carried away in the 'fantasy' as it were in Scottish football these days with only too many always ready to put one down.

And before anyone has a pop at me for revelling in United's misery - I very rarely post in this thread and it is only the relegation night that I revel in, because again, it's the type of game that any supporter would revel in. I'm not here to try and consistently take the piss, because I know what a shite time it is you lot are having and it'd be oh, so easy to once again swap positions.

No wonder you don't post on here often Ludo as if you were to regularly post quality and common sense like this on here, there is no doubt everyone would think you were an Arab.

One of the best, most well thought out posts I have read since joining P&B, and a great change from the utter pish the majority of your fellow Dees post on here on a tediously regular basis these days.

That being said, I still hope 'Well pump you this afternoon.;)

No wonder you don't post on here often Ludo as if you were to regularly post quality and common sense like this on here, there is no doubt everyone would think you were an Arab.
One of the best, most well thought out posts I have read since joining P&B, and a great change from the utter pish the majority of your fellow Dees post on here on a tediously regular basis these days.
That being said, I still hope 'Well pump you this afternoon.[emoji6]

Oh get off your knees mate. [emoji23]

16 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Oh get off your knees mate. emoji23.png

Credit where credit is due Bobby. 

No need to undermine your fellow Dee's eloquence just because you are cross that Well did indeed pump you today.

Never mind, there's always next year, and it means that the mighty DFC can focus their full attention on not getting related this year, now that they have been pumped out the cup already. (Again)

On 2/10/2018 at 00:15, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Thank you very much.

9 hours ago, MacArab said:

Dundee FC :lol:

Fantastic post.

Archived