Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Twinkle said:
2 hours ago, harry94 said:
The players paid for their own hotel up at Inverness. I think they did get their wages but there was an issue beyond the playing staff.

The 9 Glasgow based players wanted to go up to Inverness the night before and therefore paid for their own hotels rather than travel up on the bus with everyone else

If Jim McLean was still the manager the Glasgow A&E department would be extra busy this weekend.

Mind you he had a policy that all players had to stay within a 20 mile radius of the city so it wouldn't have been an issue.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If Jim McLean was still the manager the Glasgow A&E department would be extra busy this weekend.

Mind you he had a policy that all players had to stay within a 20 mile radius of the city so it wouldn't have been an issue.

You need to call Mr Class out of retirement he would sort you out in half an hour. Even just for the rest of the season. Has he anything to do with United these days ? 

5 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

You need to call Mr Class out of retirement he would sort you out in half an hour. Even just for the rest of the season. Has he anything to do with United these days ? 

I don’t think he’s in the best of health.

I used to travel on the Wee Barrow St Mirren supporters bus a guy called Gordon used to help run the bus. He then became St Mirren's commrcial manager then moved onto the same position at United. Last I heard he was youth team coach at United anyone know if he is still at your club did not know the guys last name Top block sound as a pound.  

It's a shit argument from Laszlo but generally speaking Aberdeen have definitely benefitted from Hibs, Hearts and Rangers all being shit in recent seasons (us maybe not so much). This is the first season we have seen a strong Hibs, Hearts and Rangers collectively for a few years. 
In the same way that Leicester only won the league because, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City and Liverpool were baws

14 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

I used to travel on the Wee Barrow St Mirren supporters bus a guy called Gordon used to help run the bus. He then became St Mirren's commrcial manager then moved onto the same position at United. Last I heard he was youth team coach at United anyone know if he is still at your club did not know the guys last name Top block sound as a pound.  

Gordon Grady, the wee brother of James. He's a good bloke. Been in his company at an all day function.

8 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Quality signing for the Scot Prem. This seems a bit too good to be true though!

Can't believe they've actually managed to sign someone like Caulker.

Must be on ridiculous wages.

It's a great signing tbf. The financial side of things....well, I'm sure it's fine.

I realise I am a little late in regard to the Lazlo/Aberdeen story, but why is a manager who is under pressure in one league discussing the merits of another team in another city and in another league?

Because he’s a fucking idiot who doesn’t think before he speaks.

Just now, Accent-Unknown said:

Because he’s a fucking idiot who doesn’t think before he speaks.

Got a wee bit of a soft spot for Lazlo, I have Hungarian friends whose English isn't great and speak in the same "stream of consciousness" manner as he does so I find his interviews funny. Not that my Hungarian is any good, mind.

I presume the piece from the Courier was much longer and they picked out the best clickbait from it.

Archived