Dundee United 2017/2018

19 minutes ago, Gert.T.Fock said:

Looks like united are going to have a shitload of games to play in March. No way will they win them all.

We wouldnt win these games if we played them in January, February, April, May or any other month either. 

Them being so close may well just blur them all into one big shite game. A 6-1 type game, if you will.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Also, what is a Lewis Toshney? The name rings a bell but I cant remember what it is.

Lewis Toshney.(n) 1. A rarely seen creature with a propensity for Chinese takeaways, random acts of violence/fuckwittery on a Saturday afternoon and occasional midweek,  and a tendency to spend as much of his time as possible on the sidelines. 2. Not a right back. 3. A classic example of Dufc's post Jackie signing policy, typified by an inability to perform as well for us as he used to with everyone else, and to stay fit for more than 1 game at a time. 4. (Vb) as in 'doing a Lewis Toshney'. Leaving your teammates in the shite yet again for being sent off for trying too hard to impress your mate in a desperate attempt to justify his buying you in the first place then playing you out of position.

:wacko:

15 hours ago, JimmyMirren said:

Of course, you're totally right...St Mirren are only where we are because all of the other clubs are lying down to us! I'd love some of whatever you've been smoking!:lol:

As for the financial benefits, I fail to see where you're coming from.

Why would the other clubs in the league benefit from a team who's auditors left last year due to the untenable position; who's assets are being held by numerous holding companies and have multiple loans secured against them; who have very few liquid assets and have relied of loans for day to day cashflow; have only a few players who  aren't on short term deals or loan deals (no money to be made by having a fire sale); and have spent outside their means ever since they came down from the Prem, to the point they posted over £1.5 million loss last year. Add that to having a playing squad who have no coherence and are to reliant on players like Flood who are past their sell by date, and a manager with no tactical understanding at all and it doesn't bode well for a club who are "financially robust" (according to Thompson).

I hate to see a club skirting close to administration, as I've been there when St. Mirren needed the stadium deal to survive, but United need to get rid of the "We're still the sixth biggest club in Scotland" mentality and accept the reality of the situation, you're a championship club and can't afford to keep throwing money about like you're top six in the big league. They need a wholesale clear-out (board down to the players) and start building from the bottom up. With a fanbase like you have you've got the best possible backing for a fresh start. My only reservation is that by moving all the assets to holding companies the club are already trying to insulate themsleves in the even that administration happens, and I don't see the rest of Scottish football being too forgiving after the SEVCO scenario.

Really good post actually Jimmy. Would you like to be our new chairman?

11 hours ago, locheedfcno1 said:

Imagine saying that about an injured player. w****r

To be fair Lochee, he is saying it about an injured player who (like many of our other signings over the past few years) has delivered less than nothing to the club in the year and a half that he has been here.....

He'll still be getting paid, so that should help him a bit.

To be fair Lochee, he is saying it about an injured player who (like many of our other signings over the past few years) has delivered less than nothing to the club in the year and a half that he has been here.....
He'll still be getting paid, so that should help him a bit.

Fair point but I’m sure he would rather be fit for a run of games?

3 hours ago, locheedfcno1 said:

Fair point but I’m sure he would rather be fit for a run of games?

Agreed.

The issue is (imo) that when Toshney was fit, he offered less to the team than he does now that he is not, as we now have a slightly better chance of finishing the game with 11 men on the park, and any of the RBs that have filled in foe him when has been injured, have still been better.

Whether he would be better in central defence (or under a new manager) remains to be seen, however I reckon the lack of Arabian sympathy for him on here is understandable, especially given the number of journeymen and wage thieves we have seen at Tannadice over the past 3 years.

He also did himself no favours (again imo) by spouting off to the Tele that he had decided the best way to get in shape and fight for his place in the team was to give up Chinese takeaways!?

Model pro or what???

3 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

Are the Arabs looking forward to visiting the Dons,  hopefully you can put up a better fight than we done and come away with a reply to add to your fixture list :)

Personally I cant wait. I've taken the Monday off work to recover from Sunday afternoon, which will mostly consist of drinking bleach and hiding behind the sofa.

Are the Arabs looking forward to visiting the Dons,  hopefully you can put up a better fight than we done and come away with a reply to add to your fixture list [emoji4]

We'll be lucky to get out 4-0, Dons far too strong in attack for us, just looking at it as a good day out.

Are the Arabs looking forward to visiting the Dons,  hopefully you can put up a better fight than we done and come away with a reply to add to your fixture list [emoji4]
I'm going to a gig in Aberdeen after the game, so I am looking forward to that.

The game itself, not so much.

Archived