Dundee United 2017/2018

25 minutes ago, JimmyMirren said:

Of course, you're totally right...St Mirren are only where we are because all of the other clubs are lying down to us! I'd love some of whatever you've been smoking!:lol:

As for the financial benefits, I fail to see where you're coming from.

Why would the other clubs in the league benefit from a team who's auditors left last year due to the untenable position; who's assets are being held by numerous holding companies and have multiple loans secured against them; who have very few liquid assets and have relied of loans for day to day cashflow; have only a few players who  aren't on short term deals or loan deals (no money to be made by having a fire sale); and have spent outside their means ever since they came down from the Prem, to the point they posted over £1.5 million loss last year. Add that to having a playing squad who have no coherence and are to reliant on players like Flood who are past their sell by date, and a manager with no tactical understanding at all and it doesn't bode well for a club who are "financially robust" (according to Thompson).

I hate to see a club skirting close to administration, as I've been there when St. Mirren needed the stadium deal to survive, but United need to get rid of the "We're still the sixth biggest club in Scotland" mentality and accept the reality of the situation, you're a championship club and can't afford to keep throwing money about like you're top six in the big league. They need a wholesale clear-out (board down to the players) and start building from the bottom up. With a fanbase like you have you've got the best possible backing for a fresh start. My only reservation is that by moving all the assets to holding companies the club are already trying to insulate themsleves in the even that administration happens, and I don't see the rest of Scottish football being too forgiving after the SEVCO scenario.

A well thought out and eloquently put post. Can't argue with that or a lot of the points you make. 

That being said,  do you not think just a little bit that Szamo might just be a wee bit on the wind up?????

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Hendo said:

It does seem strange that you've still not got dates for any of your three re-arranged matches. 

Came here to find out what thye hell was going on with this. Mental that DUFC haven't got a game on the 17th Feb.

Pressure is on us to extend the lead when we can, I guess. That game at Livi will be a very tough match, though.

Came here to find out what thye hell was going on with this. Mental that DUFC haven't got a game on the 17th Feb.
Pressure is on us to extend the lead when we can, I guess. That game at Livi will be a very tough match, though.
And who would you have them play on the 17th? QotS are playing Morton that day and ICT v Crusaders is the following day. It's just unfortunate for Utd that the fixtures have fallen this way.

16 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:
39 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

And who would you have them play on the 17th? QotS are playing Morton that day and ICT v Crusaders is the following day. It's just unfortunate for Utd that the fixtures have fallen this way.

I didn't look into it that deeply :lol: Fair enough. I was hoping I could post blindly and have someone else do the legwork for me. So... thanks.  :thumsup2

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Laszlo is a clueless pr1ck, totally out of his depth, not a clue about Scottish football. 

Stephen Thompson is to blame for making such a bizarre appointment. He must act immediately and sack Laszlo.

Otherwise Dundee United face a bleak future or a very short future.

Don't you dare talk about Shabba like that. He's doing a great job.

images (30).jpeg

10 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

The most ironic post of the season. 

2 hours ago, JimmyMirren said:

Of course, you're totally right...St Mirren are only where we are because all of the other clubs are lying down to us! I'd love some of whatever you've been smoking!:lol:

As for the financial benefits, I fail to see where you're coming from.

Why would the other clubs in the league benefit from a team who's auditors left last year due to the untenable position; who's assets are being held by numerous holding companies and have multiple loans secured against them; who have very few liquid assets and have relied of loans for day to day cashflow; have only a few players who  aren't on short term deals or loan deals (no money to be made by having a fire sale); and have spent outside their means ever since they came down from the Prem, to the point they posted over £1.5 million loss last year. Add that to having a playing squad who have no coherence and are to reliant on players like Flood who are past their sell by date, and a manager with no tactical understanding at all and it doesn't bode well for a club who are "financially robust" (according to Thompson).

I hate to see a club skirting close to administration, as I've been there when St. Mirren needed the stadium deal to survive, but United need to get rid of the "We're still the sixth biggest club in Scotland" mentality and accept the reality of the situation, you're a championship club and can't afford to keep throwing money about like you're top six in the big league. They need a wholesale clear-out (board down to the players) and start building from the bottom up. With a fanbase like you have you've got the best possible backing for a fresh start. My only reservation is that by moving all the assets to holding companies the club are already trying to insulate themsleves in the even that administration happens, and I don't see the rest of Scottish football being too forgiving after the SEVCO scenario.

WHOOSH2

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

How long does he hide behind the fishing trips. He's bitter as f**k and we are the ones laughing at him. HTH.

He's never been anything other than a shite troll. So he absolutely is looking for bites, and has got a couple of crackers.

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

He's never been anything other than a shite troll. So he absolutely is looking for bites, and has got a couple of crackers.

I'll say it again, I'm quite aware of his trolling status as I've been on this site since 2007 but I don't see what's wrong with pointing and laughing at his underlying bitterness. 

25 minutes ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Are there any Arabs left on this D.U.F.C. Thread..............?

If you're about 10% down from last season that'll correlate with your attendances.

Thank you. 

Laszlo is a clueless pr1ck, totally out of his depth, not a clue about Scottish football. 
Stephen Thompson is to blame for making such a bizarre appointment. He must act immediately and sack Laszlo.
Otherwise Dundee United face a bleak future or a very short future.

Welcome, settle in it will be a while - trolling through the shite from the fun’s finest will be equally infuriating.

Archived