Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We now don't have a league game until the 23rd of February and by that point St.Mirren will have played three more games than us. It will be a strange three weeks (with the only football our inevitable pumping at the hands of Aberdeen).

Edit - Before then Livingston have to play both Dunfermline and St.Mirren.

Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 08.50.42.png

13 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

We now don't have a league game until the 23rd of February and by that point St.Mirren will have played three more games than us. It will be a strange three weeks (with the only football our inevitable pumping at the hands of Aberdeen).

Edit - Before then Livingston have to play both Dunfermline and St.Mirren.

Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 08.50.42.png

It does seem strange that you've still not got dates for any of your three re-arranged matches. 

4 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

The arrogance of the Maureen fans is disgusting. Hope Livi catch them.

Nothing compared to the arrogance of United fans around Christmas, who were all confidently predicting they would leave us trailing, only Morgan would get in their team, etc etc. 

The difference between our arrogance and yours is that we have a reason to be arrogant. 

Genuine question have you Guys given up hope of the title ? There is still the chance of catching us loose to Livie and at your home plus we have yet to beat Morton. which we have not done this season . Do you still think it can be done ? I'm  happy but at times feel we play too deep then again our subs bench is stronger than  the years following Saints first game 1967 think United were in black & Whilt back then. Just curious? 

10 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Genuine question have you Guys given up hope of the title ? There is still the chance of catching us loose to Livie and at your home plus we have yet to beat Morton. which we have not done this season . Do you still think it can be done ? I'm  happy but at times feel we play too deep then again our subs bench is stronger than  the years following Saints first game 1967 think United were in black & Whilt back then. Just curious? 

Yes.

It's clear the rest of the league are putting in less effort against The Maureens too, due to the financial benefits Dundee United bring to the league.

The only team that will be allowed to catch you is Livingston.

5 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Yes.

It's clear the rest of the league are putting in less effort against The Maureens too, due to the financial benefits Dundee United bring to the league.

Ok understood the melt down but hey hoo win your games in hand? 

32 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Ok understood the melt down but hey hoo win your games in hand? 

When do you think the rest of the league will let us play another match? A cold breeze and our games get called off.

Laszlo is a clueless pr1ck, totally out of his depth, not a clue about Scottish football. 

Stephen Thompson is to blame for making such a bizarre appointment. He must act immediately and sack Laszlo.

Otherwise Dundee United face a bleak future or a very short future.

9 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Yes.

Of course, you're totally right...St Mirren are only where we are because all of the other clubs are lying down to us! I'd love some of whatever you've been smoking!:lol:

As for the financial benefits, I fail to see where you're coming from.

Why would the other clubs in the league benefit from a team who's auditors left last year due to the untenable position; who's assets are being held by numerous holding companies and have multiple loans secured against them; who have very few liquid assets and have relied of loans for day to day cashflow; have only a few players who  aren't on short term deals or loan deals (no money to be made by having a fire sale); and have spent outside their means ever since they came down from the Prem, to the point they posted over £1.5 million loss last year. Add that to having a playing squad who have no coherence and are to reliant on players like Flood who are past their sell by date, and a manager with no tactical understanding at all and it doesn't bode well for a club who are "financially robust" (according to Thompson).

I hate to see a club skirting close to administration, as I've been there when St. Mirren needed the stadium deal to survive, but United need to get rid of the "We're still the sixth biggest club in Scotland" mentality and accept the reality of the situation, you're a championship club and can't afford to keep throwing money about like you're top six in the big league. They need a wholesale clear-out (board down to the players) and start building from the bottom up. With a fanbase like you have you've got the best possible backing for a fresh start. My only reservation is that by moving all the assets to holding companies the club are already trying to insulate themsleves in the even that administration happens, and I don't see the rest of Scottish football being too forgiving after the SEVCO scenario.

Archived