Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GFARAB82 said:

In other possibly unrelated news Mike Martin has acquired Justines shares ( he now has 26%) and potentially him and Thompson between them control 85% of the club. Rumours saying he needs 30% to make a play for control wtf is going on?

Not sure but I think that would only apply to a publicly listed company.  

The last published accounts showed the club with a net value of £1.8 million; I reckon it will be less than that now (£1.2 - £1.5m).  Given that it's a loss making enterprise I can't imagine anyone paying Stephen Thompson more than half a million for his shares.  Some may even see that as a generous offer.

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not sure but I think that would only apply to a publicly listed company.  

The last published accounts showed the club with a net value of £1.8 million; I reckon it will be less than that now (£1.2 - £1.5m).  Given that it's a loss making enterprise I can't imagine anyone paying Stephen Thompson more than half a million for his shares.  Some may even see that as a generous offer.

According to Tommy Mckays twitter which has been reported on fb and various United forums today  he was offered that but only in instalments not upfront by the “2nd bidder” ;)

Just now, GFARAB82 said:

According to Tommy Mckays twitter which has been reported on fb and various United forums today  he was offered that but only in instalments not upfront by the “2nd bidder” ;)

I'm sure there's some things on Twitter that are accurate and worth reading.  But since 99.99%* of Twitter users are wankers it's difficult to know which category this falls into.

* This is not a scientifically proven fact but is probably still an underestimation.

6 hours ago, Aladdin said:

If the story about Chalmers is correct, we are developing a worrying trend of losing young players before they even properly make it into the first team.

Sounds like St Mirren's old board who I respect but on selling they had no idea very frustrating.  

4 minutes ago, GFARAB82 said:

This for those without Facebook or a clue :thumsup2

68F15606-A5F5-4CBD-B364-2372F11D87F5.jpeg

As supporters we want the best for our club , reality is what has Thompson put in ? If you were him surly you would want back what you have put in ? At least someone is coming forward can't see Thompson doing anything until United know what league they are in next season. 

14 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Its me. I offered him £1 and two multipacks of Skips but he wants a pack of Peanut M&Ms too.

Told him to ram it. If they were a top 6 club maybe. 

Said id clear the debt the same way he did...

The mans insane.

What size of pack of M&Ms did he want?  Would he settle for a snack size?

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The start of the DAB downfall.

Image result for james mcpake scores v dufc

At last, something that Dundee and United fans can agree on.  A great derby with a great atmosphere that night.  2-2 being a fair result I would suggest.

Credit to the United fans for helping to create the atmosphere.  When United scored their second goal and United fans were singing  “Dundee FC you’ll always be......” the noise was unbelievable.  It sounded like every United fan in the stadium was singing it.  I can’t recall hearing that song since though.

11 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

At last, something that Dundee and United fans can agree on.  A great derby with a great atmosphere that night.  2-2 being a fair result I would suggest.

Credit to the United fans for helping to create the atmosphere.  When United scored their second goal and United fans were singing  “Dundee FC you’ll always be......” the noise was unbelievable.  It sounded like every United fan in the stadium was singing it.  I can’t recall hearing that song since though.

I hear it all the time SP.

For some reason my 8 year old daughter can't seem to get it out of her head......

I can't bring myself to tell her off for bad language,  as long as her mum doesn't hear it. ..:whistle

Archived