Dundee United 2017/2018

At least you all take notice of the post. Something positive. I post on the Celtic forum under another name ;)  

We raided your club, your club lied to you about how much you received for these transfers.  I'm just trying to warn you not to turn out like Rangers and its sister act company. If it can happen to them, it can happen to you.  

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello United supporters, 
I thought I'd give you an update on your clubs future as no other United Supporter on here has cared. Your fans group 'FC United' made a statement. To see the full statement click on the link provided. However here are the bits that stood out for me;  

"The greatest immediate concern remains, fundamentally, that we continue to operate in a weekly, cumulative operating loss situation and how we meet a huge obligation in February to repay a second tranche being circa 500K of a substantial loan made into the Club. We were given assurance that there would be no “press” to have this loan dealt with (by the party who has granted said loan) and that he was very sympathetic to the Club’s current dilemma.

We must accept this, at this time, at face value, based on the assurance given. As to the continuing weekly operating losses, we have similarly been given the assurance also that the club is sufficiently funded to go to the end of the season. In addition, we were also advised that 2/3 more players will be added (within this window) to bolster the attempt to push for promotion in the second half of this season. These additions will be on loan agreements."

"The Club’s financial position does, however, remain very fragile"...." It really is “ALL IN” for this season"

It amazes me that only a real handful of supporters care about the financial position of the club. As stated on my last post 2weeks ago, you are losing money every week with no sign of it stopping. You are only surviving on loans and handouts. You no assets now. However the alarming part is 'ALL IN' for this season.  The question is, what if you don't get promoted? Then what...

http://www.fans-united.org.uk/fans-united-meeting-with-dufc-directors-on-monday-15th-of-january-2018/

tapatalk_jpeg_1516228935650.jpg

25 minutes ago, footballinsider said:

At least you all take notice of the post. Something positive. I post on the Celtic forum under another name ;)  

We raided your club, your club lied to you about how much you received for these transfers.  I'm just trying to warn you not to turn out like Rangers and its sister act company. If it can happen to them, it can happen to you.  

Let’s hope it’s true, the dayglos are certainly biting. 

Don't get the hate for Mikkelsen. He had a bit of a purple patch with us, 7 goals in 12 or something, and was otherwise no worse than most. And his performances got him a gig with a Premiership team. File under 'could do a job for us'.

2 hours ago, footballinsider said:

Thanks for your concern babe x

2 hours ago, footballinsider said:

The club can't lie about transfer fees in the annual accounts. They have to be independently signed off. You are clearly a misinformed and or maladjusted mischief maker.

6 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Stanton has signed permanently

6 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Very pleased with that. Two and a half year deal as well. Good stuff.

6 hours ago, MacArab said:

Excellent news; great to get him tied up.

5 hours ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Stanton signing, best piece of business yet emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png

I'm really glad to see Sam's doing well. If I was to win the lottery and then buy DFC he'd be one of the first players I'd be keen to bring back to the club (whether the manager liked it or not). I think I've only started to realise how big a loss he's been to us in recent weeks, where we've seriously lacked someone in deep midfield with the driving quality on the ball he has. From December onwards his performances were near enough as good as I've seen from a Sons player, and with the right manager I see no reason why he won't do a good job when (if) you eventually head back up. Mad to think that we managed to get him on loan, and even more crazy that a bigger club didn't spot how good he could be if someone was prepared to spend a bit of time building his confidence back up.

He was a really likeable wee guy as well. The sort of guy you'd probably want to be mates with. 

1 hour ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Teams looking top heavy now, we've got Mikkelson , Goodwillie and word on the street says Eamonn Bannon and Luggy set to re sign till the end of the season

Finn Døssing doesn’t have a club at present.  76 goals in 115 games; worth a punt!

I await the signing of Eion Jess and Stephen Glass.

Rumours are that Davie Hannah is having a medical as we speak. Im sure Footballinsider will be here soon telling us he will be on 150 grand a week and we paid Celtic 2 million to take Armstrong off our hands.

Archived