Dundee United 2017/2018

Why? He's slower than a week in the jail, constantly gets caught offside, is extremely lightweight for his size and doesn't score many goals.
It's a no from me!

I think a lota Arabs are forgetting where we are, challenging for top 6 in the premier league Mikkelson wouldn't get near Tannadice, but could he do a job in the championship ?? Afraid it's time to look around and face up to the truth, Mikkelson is the standard of player we can attract and need, for at least the next 6 months. F.T.D.'83.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a lota Arabs are forgetting where we are, challenging for top 6 in the premier league Mikkelson wouldn't get near Tannadice, but could he do a job in the championship ?? Afraid it's time to look around and face up to the truth, Mikkelson is the standard of player we can attract and need, for at least the next 6 months. F.T.D.'83.

Nah sorry, but Mikkelson isn't what's needed to win this league. Agree that we may not be able to attract players we could have in the past but we have to set our sights on better players than him. 

There has to be better out there within our budget.

On 1/18/2018 at 10:25, Div said:

I've heard the same and think I know who the player in question is. End of the day if it comes down to a straight choice between St.Mirren and Utd then he'll almost certainly choose Utd as they are a bigger club and they almost certainly pay more. He has already played there though, so maybe he'll fancy a change of scenery.

Either way I'm a bit "meh" if it is who I've been told it is.

What about at the start of the day?

Why? He's slower than a week in the jail, constantly gets caught offside, is extremely lightweight for his size and doesn't score many goals.
It's a no from me!

Pace isn’t his strength, holding the ball and winning headers is. He scored goals in this league last season so dunno why we wouldn’t take him again.

We had no wingers last season who could get the ball in the box.

We've got 2 wingers this season so between the two of them we should be able to get at least 5 crosses to him between now and end of season.

Add that to long punts to him up front on his own and i see nothing but great things.

But if we had a well known poacher we could play off a big guy in an attacking 442...nah thats just mental.

Archived