Dundee United 2017/2018

5 hours ago, BIG BEN said:

I was talking to a couple of Utd fans before our 2-0 win against them and they all said they had a miles better squad and only Lewis Morgan MIGHT make it into their team. (Reallyemoji54.pngemoji54.png)They also said they would romp the league by at least 9points.

This is united fans in a nutshell. They probably don't think any dundee players would get in there team right now.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Don’t really know enough about Dundee to say to be honest.

See, that's the difference, they could almost definitely name the entire United squad and let us know how pish they are. 

Whereas, other than the players who have been with them a few years and who have played against us in the past, I'd genuinely struggle to name 3 or 4 of their players.

Their lives revolve around us and this thread proves it. Pathetic c***s!

See, that's the difference, they could almost definitely name the entire United squad and let us know how pish they are. 
Whereas, other than the players who have been with them a few years and who have played against us in the past, I'd genuinely struggle to name 3 or 4 of their players.
Their lives revolve around us and this thread proves it. Pathetic c***s!

I mean I can definite name a dozen or so of their players and where they pay. Names and positions are easy it’s just the quality of the players that I don’t know.

22 hours ago, NorthBank said:

I too believe that our team is stronger. We also have had some crucial long-term injuries but ours were at the start of the season and we still kept pace.  These guys are now returning.

The recent return of Harry Davis has been significant and is the best central defender in this League. The defence has suddenly seemed a hell of a lot less porous and Harry's experience and calmness has given a degree of confidence to a back four that on occasion previously could be all over the place. And Harry has also taken a lot of responsibility off Captain McGinn which has improved his game. MacKenzie has now returned from injury and cannot get into the team after being a first pick.  Kyle Magennis is now back after also being out since the start of the season and his dig and energy have also been crucial in the midfield. Gary Irvine has also just returned from a long injury and can't get in the team and Josh Todd should be back soon after looking good before his injury. It's like signing 5 more players.

We now have a strong bench and cover in most positions. And this week will see us signing two more players (probably Monday) who will undoubtedly strengthen the squad (in addition to Danny Mullen). There may even be a third coming in before the end of the month. (We have had 8 out - a normal January for Jack).

I do not think the race is over, far from it, however I reckon we now have the best squad and a belief we can do it. Last season's relegation battle taught the team a lot about playing under pressure and that has been a big factor in some recent games I reckon. But this is St Mirren and we rarely do things the easy way.

Not comparable at all IMO. 

We currently have almost HALF of our entire squad out injured at the moment. Included among them are our only 2 players who on their day would walk into any side in the country bar Celtic. If your 2 best players (by an absolute mile) were ruled out for the season, you'd also be in deep shit!

1 minute ago, Ralphies_Chip said:

Not comparable at all IMO. 

We currently have almost HALF of our entire squad out injured at the moment. Included among them are our only 2 players who on their day would walk into any side in the country bar Celtic. If your 2 best players (by an absolute mile) were ruled out for the season, you'd also be in deep shit!

Two of our best players did not kick a ball for us until Xmas and went straight into the team when they had recovered from injury.  But we did not moan about it. The thing is we have more best players than United.  :)

1 minute ago, NorthBank said:

Two of our best players did not kick a ball for us until Xmas and went straight into the team when they had recovered from injury.  But we did not moan about it. The thing is we have more best players than United.  :)

You honestly don't. 

We'll still win the league but it looks like we're gonna have to do it the hard way.

56 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Davis and who else? Individually I don’t think there’s much at all between both starting 11’s. The difference (along with the mentality of the team) is that St Mirren have been able to cope with their injury problems where we’ve resorted to Tam Scobbie at right back and Scott McDonald as our playmaker.

Would the Arabs on here please leave the Funsters alone.

Could you imagine for one minute how drab and shite their lives would be if they couldn’t laugh at our present misfortunes?

Having spent 8 (EIGHT) years in the Championship can anyone be surprised that they are enjoying us being there?

Having gone into Administration twice - the first time being £23 million (TWENTY THREE MILLION POUNDS) in debt is there any wonder that they want the same fate to befall us?

Their obsession with Dundee’s big team is fully understandable IMO and will not diminish anytime soon.

14 minutes ago, chazas_ said:

Davis and who else? Individually I don’t think there’s much at all between both starting 11’s. The difference (along with the mentality of the team) is that St Mirren have been able to cope with their injury problems where we’ve resorted to Tam Scobbie at right back and Scott McDonald as our playmaker.

Davis and Magennis, not to mention MacKenzie was injured from the middle of August through til the end of December.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Could you imagine for one minute how drab and shite their lives would be if they couldn’t laugh at our present misfortunes?

Having spent 8 (EIGHT) years in the Championship can anyone be surprised that they are enjoying us being there?

Having gone into Administration twice - the first time being £23 million (TWENTY THREE MILLION POUNDS) in debt is there any wonder that they want the same fate to befall us?

Their obsession with Dundee’s big team is fully understandable IMO and will not diminish anytime soon.

Lies again 

21 minutes ago, chazas_ said:

Davis and Magennis. Davis had been out since last March and Magennis was crocked in July in a pre-season friendly. Both only came back at Christmas and straight back into the team. Davis replaced Buchanan and we used a range of players to fill Magennis's absence which has also now given us a settled starting 11.  Our bench had been patchy from the start of the season but has improved significantly with players coming back from injury. On Saturday we had MacKenzie, Mullan, Irvine, Sutton all on the bench - three of them  experienced pros with Premiership experience. And Eckersley and Todd should be back soon and  Ryan Flynn from Oldham has just signed a 2.5 year contract today. And we should also be signing Mark Hill on loan from Celtic today.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

You can't go about using facts while talking to Dundee fans. 

Your supposed to take the shite they throw at the wall as being fully in the know. Eg when we are going into admin (this Friday apparantly)  and who Thompson is selling us off to behind the scenes. Next itll be "players aren't getting paid".

Shame on you, Granny.

Archived