Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only official news today is that Cammy Ballantyne has been recalled from Montrose and young fullback Jordan Hornby has been released.
Gutted if that's true....ballantyne has been tremendous for us.

Just now, mo83 said:
12 minutes ago, stumigoo said:
The only official news today is that Cammy Ballantyne has been recalled from Montrose and young fullback Jordan Hornby has been released.

Gutted if that's true....ballantyne has been tremendous for us.

Yeah it is on the official website. I thought he would have been given a chance at the start of this season so I am looking forward to seeing him (possibly as early as tomorrow).

What was the point of giving Hornby his debut if we were just going to release him?

Yeah it is on the official website. I thought he would have been given a chance at the start of this season so I am looking forward to seeing him (possibly as early as tomorrow).
Hope he does well deserves a chance to be fair to the lad.Been superb at right back for us bombs up and down the flank.

2 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

What was the point of giving Hornby his debut if we were just going to release him?

Don't really know. There are very few young players who will make the grade in the current development team. He will have been on a tiny contract so it is not as if we are freeing up much in the way of wages. 

2 minutes ago, mo83 said:
4 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Hope he does well deserves a chance to be fair to the lad.Been superb at right back for us bombs up and down the flank.

Which is what Laszlo wants out of his fullbacks so I am hoping that he can provide a blanche to Robson doing the same on the other side. 

27 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Which is what Laszlo wants out of his fullbacks so I am hoping that he can provide a blanche to Robson doing the same on the other side. 

Some folk on here have been suggesting his recall for a few weeks.  Don’t know much about the lad but from your post I’m assuming he’s all white... err alright.  :rolleyes:

Some folk on here have been suggesting his recall for a few weeks.  Don’t know much about the lad but from your post I’m assuming he’s all white... err alright.  :rolleyes:

Yeah that was meant to say balance (I think!)

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

United are a far bigger club by any measure.

Agreed , United have had "far bigger" defeats by St Mirren this season , than they've had by anyone else ! :lol:

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Good news on Ballantyne. That should be strengthen two positions. Just need a further five players and we'll be back on track.

Minor point I know but the very impressive Ballantyne played against us in the Scottish Cup so he will be cup tied.

8 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Minor point I know but the very impressive Ballantyne played against us in the Scottish Cup so he will be cup tied.

Fair point, but as you said, a minor one.

Cup is not a major issue at all at the moment imo. If we were scooshing the league it would be a luxury we could afford.

As this is not the case, it is just good news he can play in the league, which is all we should be worried about now.....

Great to hear he has been playing well for Montrose, but we need more. Much more.....

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, very minor point.

16 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

^^^^

Was presumably drinking heavily when he posted this. Very heavily:blink:

Fyvie has been miles better for us than Andreu was. Every United fan will recognise this. Andreu scored some good goals but his contribution otherwise was negligible.

Archived