Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44e62e5fc928b64e8238060ddcb67cb2.jpg

Fantastic.

I’m sure the United fans who blame him for everything will be delighted.

We win but don’t play well? It’s because of Scott Fraser, he wears hair gel and is a poof.

We lose? Its because of Scott Fraser, he wears hair gel and is a poof.

Your wife leaves you? It’s because of Scott Fraser, he wears hair gel and is a poof.

Losing two of our most creative and talented players whilst on a title push.

Well that's just perfect.

The United squad is threadbare now. Seriously need to bring at least 3 midfielders in, or 2 midfielders if we bring in a RB and move Murdoch back into midfield. That along with another striker as Matty Smith doesn't exactly look like he's developed enough yet.

Can't even see United making the play offs unless the team is properly strengthened during the Jan window.

Are the funds and will there to do this?

Since Ray left Flood, Fraser and Fyvie have all been excellent.  Fraser’s injury is a huge blow and even if the budget allows for replacements and Willo recovers quickly Fyvie and Fraser’s injuries will have a massive impact.

Hoping for some clever transfer/loan deal to mitigate the worst effects.  Preferably of players whose surnames do not begin with ‘F’, just as a precaution.

2 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Losing two of our most creative and talented players whilst on a title push.

Well that's just perfect.

The United squad is threadbare now. Seriously need to bring at least 3 midfielders in, or 2 midfielders if we bring in a RB and move Murdoch back into midfield. That along with another striker as Matty Smith doesn't exactly look like he's developed enough yet.

Can't even see United making the play offs unless the team is properly strengthened during the Jan window.

Are the funds and will there to do this?

Laszlo was told before N'Koyi left that he would have money to spend. With big Paddy then leaving it freed up some more wage money and you would assume that due to the injuries the board will give Csaba what he needs. I was in a meeting recently where David Southern told us that the club would be a completely different entity if we don't get promoted. I reckon the board will push as far as they can to give the manager money to spend. 

An absolute shitemare of a situation.

16 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Laszlo was told before N'Koyi left that he would have money to spend. With big Paddy then leaving it freed up some more wage money and you would assume that due to the injuries the board will give Csaba what he needs. I was in a meeting recently where David Southern told us that the club would be a completely different entity if we don't get promoted. I reckon the board will push as far as they can to give the manager money to spend. 

An absolute shitemare of a situation.

With the injuries and where the club are atm, it's definitely in the realms of "f**k it" territory where the cash is splashed.

We're pretty screwed if we don't get promotion this year anyway. With only St Mirren being the closest rivals we can certainly out spend them if needed.

Hopefully the money is used wisely and we bring in the right personnel. 

2 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Massive transfer needed now.

Need Left Back, Centre Half (let Quinn go), Centre Midfielder (Liam Henderson?) and Attacking Midfield plus Target man striker

Replacing Quinn is not a priority.

I thought that Quinn would get another six months but I'm not so sure now. Someone had mentioned that Edge might also be out for the rest of the season but nothing has been confirmed by the club (if he is then you would imagine maybe six months for Quinn).

Current Injury List - 

Scott Fraser (up to 3 months)

Fraser Fyvie (end of the season)

Lewis Toshney (unknown)

Stewart Murdoch (back in the squad tomorrow apparently)

Jordi Briels (unknown)

William Edjenguele (unknown)

Contract Situations - 

Out of Contract in January - 

Paul Quinn

Out of Contract in May (can sign pre-contracts as of tomorrow) - 

Sam Stanton (also out of contract at Hibs)

Scott McDonald

Willo Flood

Fraser Fyvie

Deniz Mehmet

Mark Durnan

Scott Fraser

Jordie Briels

Jamie Robson

Harry Lewis (end of loan)

Under Contract Until 2019

James Keatings

Tam Scobbie