Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

That's not a leading question, Granny. I genuinely don't know the answer.

I’m not sure either tbh.

Fraser will be in our starting line up until:

1. He gets injured;

2. He gets sold;

3;  It gets really cold/miserable and he retracts back into his shell*; or

4. He signs a pre-contract and decides he doesn’t want to put in the effort for us.

* I seriously think Fraser would play far better in a warmer climate; he really looks uncomfortable at times playing in cold, dark, wet conditions.

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Thank Christ we changed managers when we did; we now have a reasonable chance at automatic promotion this season.

Imagine if we'd punted the donkey after the playoffs? We might have had a ten point lead by now!

Really looking forward to see what January brings in terms of recruitment. Sounds like Laszlo has 3 or 4 in mind and I know he has had Darren Taylor out looking at games so we might see at least a couple of new faces. I know it has been mentioned before but I personally would also like to see Ballantyne back from Montrose. Not sure the ins and outs of his loan deal but he is a much more natural fullback than Murdoch (who has been okay to be fair). He is better at getting forward which is a big part of Laszlo's game-plan.

If we can get at least 4 points out of our next two games then we can head into the St.Mirren game full of confidence. Glad that the game in Paisley is on BT Sport as I can't make it so delighted I won't miss it completely. 

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Imagine if we'd punted the donkey after the playoffs? We might have had a ten point lead by now!

I agree that he should have gone in the summer but it was a minority view.  On the plus side we might not have got Csaba; I’m certainly happy with him on the evidence to date.

I think he will probably try get in another left back and centre half. Doubtful Quinn will get another deal due to his constant injuries.

Always a target man striker and probably try & move N’Koyi on. Only other position I think we might try strengthening is centre mid but just due to injuries

12 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I agree that he should have gone in the summer but it was a minority view.  On the plus side we might not have got Csaba; I’m certainly happy with him on the evidence to date.

Im very happy with Csaba too. Hes a likeable guy and seems to know how to set a team up which is a change! Maybe we could have had him in at the start of the season? Was he even available? Dosent really matter now i suppose, still plenty time to build up a gap now.

I still think almost anyone would have done better than Ray. 

On 11/12/2017 at 07:20, Granny Danger said:

Nah, it’s a translation thing.   Csaba saying he wants players who are hungry.

Sorry.  :(

Csaba's January signing targets.

#always hungry

(Even sorrier) :wacko:

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

22 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
4 hours ago, MacArab said:
Csaba's January signing targets.
#always hungry
(Even sorrier) :wacko:

IMG_0059.JPG.4476d9de67d1b6cda20052997fda58f4.JPG
IMG_0060.JPG.37ecb85a7697681cf521ed087be72617.JPG
IMG_0061.JPG.e815781ddfc6ce5ea8c57dce92a0ceb4.JPG
IMG_0062.JPG.c24f773f8950be0a90739118257b1356.JPG

No Harkins pics? For shame

Hmmm, fair one... I'm still relatively new this PnB lark - was worried that polluting our thread with a picture of Fatty Harkins might get me a permanent ban!!!

10 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Hmmm, fair one... I'm still relatively new this PnB lark - was worried that polluting our thread with a picture of Fatty Harkins might get me a permanent ban!!!

Any Arab getting a ban on here would have to be worse than Sarto.  That gives you a huge amount of leeway.

Archived