Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldnt be shocked if Fraser signed a pre contract with some 5th Division English lot for 4 grand a week. Will then revert back to last seasons hide and seek champion. 

Think Robson will get sold but would insist on him getting loaned back.

If we can punt Nkoyi, Edgenguele and Toshney and bring in a couple of football players that would soften the blow somewhat.

52 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Fraser has been with us for 12 years and made nearly 50 appearances in the first team.

I'm not sure of the exact development fee, but using the Charlie Telfer calculator, it must be in the region of £740m.

That type of fee would be just about enough to convince me that it's worth parting with Fraser. (I'd even throw Robson in to the deal too).

I reckon we should only think about letting either go, if all of the following criteria met:

1. Excellent fees.

2. A solid backup plan to replace them with quality, rather than shite just desperate for a gig.

3.  McInness takes the Sevco job, paving the way for Ross to take the Aberdeen job, (taking Morgan with him), thus increasing our chances of strolling the league significantly.

Doubt it though....

We'll never in a month of Sundays get seven figures for Fraser, and I say that as one of the guys who has always defended his potential on here.

He's playing well, but he's far from the finished article, and the same goes for Robson. I don't want them to stay because for any selfish reason - I just don't think they are ready to make a step up yet. I'm not even sure they'd be nailed on starters next season should we get promoted.

42 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

We'll never in a month of Sundays get seven figures for Fraser, and I say that as one of the guys who has always defended his potential on here.

He's playing well, but he's far from the finished article, and the same goes for Robson. I don't want them to stay because for any selfish reason - I just don't think they are ready to make a step up yet. I'm not even sure they'd be nailed on starters next season should we get promoted.

Fraser would if he continues as he has for the last few games, I’d not be unhappy if we got an offer for Robson.  He may have potential but on a season where we’re trying to win promotion I’d be happier with a more experienced left back.

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Fraser would if he continues as he has for the last few games, I’d not be unhappy if we got an offer for Robson.  He may have potential but on a season where we’re trying to win promotion I’d be happier with a more experienced left back.

I actually think that Robson has made a major step up recently, but agree that he is the bare minimum in terms of acceptable level that we can afford to have, and the fact that he is the best (and pretty much only) option we have at LB is pretty terrifying tbh, and for me, arranging back up/competition is fucking vital in Jan.

As for Fraser, let's see if he can stay injury free for a bit, and if he can continue to offer the same quality he has shown in the last few games, (until promotion is a mathematical ccertainty) we may finally actually have a player there. Still to be fully convinced tbh as he has had a few false dawns before..... will be delighted for him wherever he goes in the summer (as long as he does his part in getting  us promoted).

Robson I can see progressing to greater things, as Douglas did.

Fraser unfortunately has a level of shitebaggery and headchickenerry to his game that I doubt can be trained out.

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Hearing the Jordie Briels might be finished, both for us and in general due to athritis in his hips. Needing an operation

That's horrible, poor lad.

United-wise, that's him, Flood and Toshney all out as DM options. Murdoch can play there, and Stanton. Anyone else, who am I forgetting?

Archived