Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are about to have Brandon Mason of Watford coming up for a trial. Hes a 20 year old left back. We must be on the lookout for left backs as theres currently two training with us at the moment

We are about to have Brandon Mason of Watford coming up for a trial. Hes a 20 year old left back. We must be on the lookout for left backs as theres currently two training with us at the moment

I mean we only have Robson so it makes sense.

And no Scobbie is not a left back. If Csaba plays him there I’m going to leap off the George Fox Upper.

5 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

I mean we only have Robson so it makes sense.

And no Scobbie is not a left back. If Csaba plays him there I’m going to leap off the George Fox Upper.

Please give us a bit of advance warning so I can video it.

Just now, Accent-Unknown said:

The only warning you’ll get is me shouting “f**k SAKE CSABA”

If Scobbie goes to left back and everyone in the Upper George Fox who shouts “f**k sake Csaba” then jumps off there will be considerable casualties in the Lower George Fox.

I’m not saying that would be a bad thing.

If Scobbie goes to left back and everyone in the Upper George Fox who shouts “f**k sake Csaba” then jumps off there will be considerable casualties in the Lower George Fox.

If I kill myself I’m taking as many of those Lower GF c***s with me.

25 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

That's good news, as we not only need depth, but we can't be doing with Robson getting too comfortable that he's always going to get a start, which really is the case just now, as he really is the only senior player we have that can naturally play LB.

6 minutes ago, MacArab said:

That's good news, as we not only need depth, but we can't be doing with Robson getting too comfortable that he's always going to get a start, which really is the case just now, as he really is the only senior player we have that can naturally play LB.

Aye, it's definitely a position we need cover in, whatever happens to Jamie Robson. Scobbie can play there, but I really wouldn't want him to, mainly because him and Durnan are definitely our best CH partnership.

On another note, the Tully reckons we need 8 points from our next 4 games to be in the hunt at the turn of the year.....

Anyone think that 10 is realistic/optimistic?

Hopeful of wins away to Morton and Queens, and would expect to win against anyone at Tannadice (under the new regime), and a point away at Saint Mirren would be no bad thing. 

Game on 29th absolutely massive and vital we don't lose it.

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Probably expecting Robson to be away

11 minutes ago, Beardy23 said:

Probably expecting Robson to be away

The same goes for Robson as for Fraser above.

It would have to be a topper of a bid to make it worth the risk of unsettling a squad which is just in the process of clicking nicely, when we are still in a real scrap for promotion.

Not worth the risk IMO :unsure:

1 hour ago, MacArab said:

On another note, the Tully reckons we need 8 points from our next 4 games to be in the hunt at the turn of the year.....

Anyone think that 10 is realistic/optimistic?

Hopeful of wins away to Morton and Queens, and would expect to win against anyone at Tannadice (under the new regime), and a point away at Saint Mirren would be no bad thing. 

Game on 29th absolutely massive and vital we don't lose it.

Think you will do well to beat both us and Queens away but if you do, that's a cracking 6 points.

You have won 3 out of 7 away games to date which is decent but not exactly great away form.

On Sat, confidence is growing down our way now that we have a few of our injured players back and we are scoring goals( 12 in 6 games which is more than anyone else)  so you will be in for a hard game!

52 minutes ago, madton said:

Think you will do well to beat both us and Queens away but if you do, that's a cracking 6 points.

You have won 3 out of 7 away games to date which is decent but not exactly great away form.

On Sat, confidence is growing down our way now that we have a few of our injured players back and we are scoring goals( 12 in 6 games which is more than anyone else)  so you will be in for a hard game!

Agree with every single word of this tbf.

We have been better overall under Csaba, but will still have to play very well to win in Greenock and Dumfries, but don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility to do so.

Not taking anything for granted by any means, but if we want to win this league, we need to be aiming to win most games home and away. Looking forward to it.

Fraser would be best staying for another couple of years, he isn’t ready yet to move on he’s only started playing consistently well this season.

Same with Robson, be better for his career staying and playing week in week out rather than for some reserve team down in England

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

You've been tailing me, haven't you?

21 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

If we get an offer for Fraser over £1.5m with decent add ons then we need to seriously consider it. 

There is always a price at which an offer would be accepted.  I agree if it were in that order we would have to seriously consider it.

For me the key thing in that scenario would be spending some of the money bringing in a decent replacement.  Going back to the Armstrong/GMS debacle, the impact could have been lessened quite a bit if part of the money we got was spent bringing in decent players who could play in the same positions, but of course that didn't happen.

Archived