Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason this thread is so quiet is that we're all too busy listening to Laszlo's first few ArabZone interviews. He's only done two but the running time is twice the length of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy (the Extended Version).

Hopefully I am putting this on the correct thread.

I reckon that the style of football we played yesterday  (albeit against a very poor team) was getting very close to sexy at times, and was an absolute joy to watch. I wonder what this might do the gate for the Pars game.....

8 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Hopefully I am putting this on the correct thread.

I reckon that the style of football we played yesterday  (albeit against a very poor team) was getting very close to sexy at times, and was an absolute joy to watch. I wonder what this might do the gate for the Pars game.....

Not quite on a par with the 4-0 at Fir Park in the sexy stakes but it certainly had the same feel good factor about it.  Some great link up play.

If we can beat Brechin and then Dunfermline it will put down a huge marker and hopefully give us an edge at the top of the table. The team to win this league needs to be averaging 18-19 points per quarter (based on the last few Championship seasons).

6 hours ago, Marr1 said:

was really wanting a Highland League team, or Rangers. But it'll do - hopefully this doesn't get picked for TV

Def not The Rangers for me, for a few reasons.

Despite the fact that we have shown real improvement recently, we risk too much by playing them just now.

Losing to them means we lose our record of putting them out the Scottish cup every time we have played them since 1981. (Lots)

Also, we remain proudly unbeaten against The New Rangers, and I'm keen to keep it that way for a while longer.

Finally, losing to them has become (marginally) my second worst football phobia behind losing to The Dees.

For me, a nice wee day out in Alloa (somewhere I've never been) fits the bill, and hope someone else deals with them for us this year.

I actually would have wanted Celtic away in the Cup. The league is what matters and I liked the idea of getting a bit of a financial bonus due to a Scottish Cup tie (despite it probably ending up as a cricket score). Maybe if we progress we might eventually make a little money but I would have taken a pumping if it meant a couple of hundred thousand helping the bank balance.

Archived