Dundee United 2017/2018

12 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

1. Hes gotten better as hes gotten older, played abroad and has plenty European experience.

2. When he was with us it was after Dicker had the best season of his United career. Hard act to follow. He was also shunted into midfield etc a good few times.

3. The Championship isnt nearly as good as most people think it is.

4. I always remember him actually being pretty decent bar a couple of memorable howlers.

5. How much would you take him back right now!

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny how thinks can swing so quickly in football.  Not just the last two results and vastly improved performances but the fact the during the last two rounds of matches other results have been kind to us.

Always known this was going to be a tough league and a tight one this season but the change in atmosphere from yesterday's game to our previous home game was palpable and was, I think in part, a reflection of the believe that McKinnon's departure offers real opportunities for improvement and a chance to take the title.

Prior to the Dumbarton game there was an evident lack of self believe but yesterday showed the players willing to trust their own abilities and strengths.  Hopefully a new manager will be able to develop that further.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Cheers! I've not slept since but they tell me that sleep becomes a distant memory so I'll have to just get used to it!

Totally different types of "up ah night"feeding the young lad and worrying about your football team.

3 hours ago, JP THE DEE said:

Totally different types of "up ah night"feeding the young lad and worrying about your football team.

Aye, this time 6 r 7 years ago I didn't have to worry about United AND I could go out every Friday and Saturday night. How things change...

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Now the dust has settled on Ray, I'd hope history won't be too harsh on him. Sadly, he just wasn't up to it.

Great player, and first manager to deliver the Irn-Bru Cup.

I hope that no United fans feel any ill will towards Ray (I don't think they do). I remember watching his first ArabZone interview and being totally convinced things were going to work for him because he came across so positively. Not sure what the path holds for him now, I know he was very highly though of as part of the SFA coaching education setup so not sure if he would go back to that or get another job at the earliest opportunity. 

I am fairly happy with Csaba Laszlo if it is indeed him. I've been looking through his managerial record and it is actually a fairly positive one. He has a large amount of experience and seems to be able to get results when it matters. I'm also quite pleased it is a name outside of the usual Scottish merry-go-round and it might give the club an opportunity to go in a different direction if things work out well. 

Glad we might be getting some decent interviews on ArabZone too as he sounds batshit crazy which is fine by me.

Would of preferred Tommy Wright but I don't think that was ever on the cards.

Am also relatively happy with the Laszlo appointment (anyone but Yogi!), now has a week and half to start getting his ideas across to the team in time for the visit of the Bairns.

I take it Laurie will be staying on as his No.2 ??

23 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Of whom?

Ones a 17 year old and the other is 7 month pregnant :blink:

Not sure what's more surprising, Edge being married to a 17 year old or someone still playing football when they're 7 months pregnant.

On 11/5/2017 at 08:55, Granny Danger said:

It's funny how thinks can swing so quickly in football.  Not just the last two results and vastly improved performances but the fact the during the last two rounds of matches other results have been kind to us.

Always known this was going to be a tough league and a tight one this season but the change in atmosphere from yesterday's game to our previous home game was palpable and was, I think in part, a reflection of the believe that McKinnon's departure offers real opportunities for improvement and a chance to take the title.

Prior to the Dumbarton game there was an evident lack of self believe but yesterday showed the players willing to trust their own abilities and strengths.  Hopefully a new manager will be able to develop that further.

Unless the players take a dislike to him as well of course  !!!  :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Being brought up British I have enough latent racism within me to worry that any foreign manager is likely to be nuts

Comes from Invergowrie and has the gall to talk about foreigners.

Archived