Dundee United 2017/2018

23 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Coming from a Dundee fan this won't mean much - but ffs get McKinnon punted. It's clear to see he's not taking you anywhere. You've still got the biggest budget in the league, no reason why you can't catch St Mirren with a decent manager in charge.

f**k this shit Ludo, you've changed. 

DOON4LIFE

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're in the situation that this weekend we are looking for Paul Hartley (yeah that Paul Hartley, the one who would be refused entrance by the Salvation Army hostel - and rightly so) to do us a favour.  That's how bad it's got.

37 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Anything less than a win on Saturday and he should be sacked. A defeat along with a St Mirren win would leave us 7 points adrift after only 10 games, this is nowhere near good enough.

I have a feeling the St Mirren game at the beginning of November will be the endgame. 

ETA: based on nothing more than gut feeling, I'm not one of those ITK p***ks

If hes not sacked it'll cost the club more in the long run.
And probably. 

You’re probably correct. But who would replace him? Thats three managers on the bounce who have been the wrong appointment, or have they just not had enough time? Thompson is probably to blame either way.

Hindsight is obviously a great thing, but looking back, you probably would have been better off keeping Mixu.

Or Jackie, considering the job McKinnon is doing.

Or spent an extra £100k getting Tommy Wright

If we fall further behind the leaders after the weekend McKinnon is under serious pressure.  If results and performances dont improve over the next 4 weeks then I would be tempted to get almost anyone in out of desperation - be that Yogi, the fat bluenose tramp or any other unemployed waster who fancies the gig.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Or spent an extra £100k getting Tommy Wright

Really wonder where we would be now had we brought Wright in instead of Mixu. Wright was my preferred choice at the time although I seem to remember there were a few United fans against his appointment saying his team's were awful to watch. Now we are stuck in the championship playing some of the worst football I have seen in all my years following United. 

I've said it multiple times (and will say it again) that for me the biggest failing in Stephen Thompson has been his recruitment of managers. The infrastructure of the club has been on the decline since Levein left and Thompson gave McNamara the same carte blanche powers which was a fatal error. Not sacking him earlier was stupid and then his appointment of Mixu on such a big contract was bizarre. I have a lot of time for McKinnon in the sense that he has worked hard to try and ensure a good structure for the players (Darren Taylor's role for example) but he is a limited manager and it is beginning to cost us. I'm really not sure what is next for us but I worry that given Thompson's track record we may make another mistake in appointing the wrong manager. I'd still like to think that as things stand the United job is still a reasonably attractive one (good challenge, pretty big club with decent fanbase and good facilities) but not sure how long that will remain the case.

Archived