Dundee United 2017/2018

This is now the watershed week for McKinnon. I think most fans would have given the team the first few weeks of the season to bed in and despite a number of weak performances the result last week gave us all a huge boost. This then also led to the management team declaring that the team can only get better and that things were on the up. To be hit with a result like that today (albeit against a very confident Livi team) means that Ray cannot use the fitness excuses or the team cohesion arguments any more. There is not a chance that he will be sacked today or even anytime in the next week or so but Inverness, Dumbarton, Falkirk and St.Mirren are our next four league games. Good luck with that Ray...

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today showed the deficiencies in the team and in the management of the team; I use the term 'management' in its widest context.

After a summer of signings we don't have a right back, we are poorly served at left back, and we have a number of attacking players who would benefit from us having a target man but don't have a target man.

A target man is what we were calling out for today against fairly big, in your face, well organised team.  How can we find the money to pay Kompany's wages but can't pay for a big striker?  It defies logic.

I don't expect us to win every game and am not annoyed by today's defeat per se, but I am angered by the manner of the defeat.  One shot on target (according to the BBC stats, I'm struggling to remember it myself) is simply not acceptable.  If McKinnon has to go it's better that he goes now rather than at a point where the season is already lost.

12 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Tremendous album.  I’m sure it was old man Danger and the like Morrissey was thinking about when he wrote ‘The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores’.

Well said Shadow, you've got a good musical knowledge (as well as watches). Thank you.

Oh well, I'm quite pleased that United have taken my feelings into consideration for my self-imposed paternity leave from the next few games. Means I am now actually looking forward to a few weekends without the football. 

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Oh well, I'm quite pleased that United have taken my feelings into consideration for my self-imposed paternity leave from the next few games. Means I am now actually looking forward to a few weekends without the football. 

All the best with the bairn.

Obviously if it's a boy it's a Dee,

If it's a girl it's a Dab...

8 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I'll babysit.

If it's any consolation it would actually be Mrs Granny babysitting and me trying to look interested.

4 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

About a Craig Brewster.

Fucking hell.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I'll babysit.

If it's any consolation it would actually be Mrs Granny babysitting and me trying to look interested.

Similar to your current demeanour at Tannadice then?

On 14/10/2017 at 19:36, Granny Danger said:

Today showed the deficiencies in the team and in the management of the team; I use the term 'management' in its widest context.

After a summer of signings we don't have a right back, we are poorly served at left back, and we have a number of attacking players who would benefit from us having a target man but don't have a target man.

A target man is what we were calling out for today against fairly big, in your face, well organised team.  How can we find the money to pay Kompany's wages but can't pay for a big striker?  It defies logic.

I don't expect us to win every game and am not annoyed by today's defeat per se, but I am angered by the manner of the defeat.  One shot on target (according to the BBC stats, I'm struggling to remember it myself) is simply not acceptable.  If McKinnon has to go it's better that he goes now rather than at a point where the season is already lost.

I was surprised to see that big donkey nkoi anywhere near your team after his performance against linfield last week. Strange that he gets a place on the bench having done nothing whilst Chalmers is nowhere to be seen having scored the winner.

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I was surprised to see that big donkey nkoi anywhere near your team after his performance against linfield last week. Strange that he gets a place on the bench having done nothing whilst Chalmers is nowhere to be seen having scored the winner.

His few cameos in the first team have been far better than his game against Linfield.  Might be because he's the sort of striker who needs service.

10 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

His few cameos in the first team have been far better than his game against Linfield.  Might be because he's the sort of striker who needs service.

Nkoyi isnt very good. Hes awkward and dosent really have much other than being pretty strong.

At least thats the impression he gives because we usually hoof it at or over his head.

Like all of our strikers really.

Mind you, we could make Ronaldo look a bit crap tbh.

Archived