Dundee United 2017/2018

Not a coincidence no, you could argue him being there managed to keep them up... [emoji4]

Both clubs had a summer to rebuild with a new manager and an entire season ahead of them, you can't blame it on him, especially when the clubs in question drift between the top and 2nd tier. And especially when both clubs lose players to bigger clubs all the time too.

All his achievements seem to be getting conveniently shoved aside because 2 clubs got relegated the season after he left. [emoji23]

So two clubs got relegated shortly after he left, and two clubs got relegated whilst he was in charge. There is a pattern emerging here.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He had a good run at Falkirk, but things were falling apart by the time he left them. His final season there they avoided relegation by one point.

His achievements at Hibs were based entirely on Anthony Stokes, and they utterly fell apart in the second half of that season, his signings in the second summer were hilariously bad, honestly just look them up.

He is potentially okay as a short time manager who takes over an already good team, as he done at ICT, but he can't build a squad, so when a few players leave and he has to replace them, the squad turns to shite. He seems to have a knack of getting out at the right time.

Who signed Anthony Stokes.....

So two clubs got relegated shortly after he left, and two clubs got relegated whilst he was in charge. There is a pattern emerging here.

I do not see how you can blame John Hughes for Richie Forans season last year. It's ridiculous.

Dundee Hibernian, I don't have a fascination of his managerial ability. Just think it would be a pretty good appointment.

Guest Back Post Misses

He had a good run at Falkirk, but things were falling apart by the time he left them. His final season there they avoided relegation by one point.

His achievements at Hibs were based entirely on Anthony Stokes, and they utterly fell apart in the second half of that season, his signings in the second summer were hilariously bad, honestly just look them up.

He is potentially okay as a short time manager who takes over an already good team, as he done at ICT, but he can't build a squad, so when a few players leave and he has to replace them, the squad turns to shite. He seems to have a knack of getting out at the right time.

It fell apart at Falkirk when Latapy left, it fell apart at ICT when Latapy left

I'm sure you'd like to share your thought process on this.

Who out there would do better job?
No point going through different manager every year try stick with someone and give them a chance.
We are only 2 points off top after 6 games and everyone is making a big deal out of it. Fair enough the team isn't playing attractive football but if we can go on a run like last season grinding result out then actually continuing through to next year then we will have a chance of going up

6 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Who out there would do better job?
No point going through different manager every year try stick with someone and give them a chance.
We are only 2 points off top after 6 games and everyone is making a big deal out of it. Fair enough the team isn't playing attractive football but if we can go on a run like last season grinding result out then actually continuing through to next year then we will have a chance of going up

Who's out there klaxon!!

The funny fact is that all these other teams fans saying "X would be a shite appointment" or "x is a basket case" probably dont have a clue how bad we are to watch and literally how shite Mckinnon is.

We scraped a draw with Brechin City at home with the manager standing on the side lines actually watching our players hoof it to a 35 odd year old 5 ft 6 ish striker who was on his own. For about 90 minuites. And thats just one example. 

5 goals from 6 games. Two of which against part time teams at home. One from open play.

Its more or less torture. Death by boredom stuff. I honestly think any manager could get our team fit and trying harder, well  trying I should say.

As much as guys like Pressley, Hartley, Hughes etc are sneered at, they would probably get this team more motivated than Football Manager 4231 Cardie Boy.

Mind you, i suppose Mckinnon will turn it round after 15 months of the same tactics, play style and masterful use of substitutions. Its all change soon. Well be bang at it.

Ps that isnt me saying I would go for Hughes, Pressley and Hartley before anyone thinks that.

4 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

The funny fact is that all these other teams fans saying "X would be a shite appointment" or "x is a basket case" probably dont have a clue how bad we are to watch and literally how shite Mckinnon is.

+

As much as guys like Pressley, Hartley, Hughes etc are sneered at, they would probably get this team more motivated than Football Manager 4231 Cardie Boy.

Most of us other fans are saying X is shite because X has formerly been our manager and was in fact shite...

If you're complaining about being bored to death and scoring fk all - then Hartley should give you nightmares! 20+ draws and we're still trying to recover from his shite long contract signings. (& I think its only been me thats mentioned him, but Cathro would be equally as bad or or worse)

+

Hughes, Butcher and Pressley are much of a muchness - they've usually managed a good season before shite signings and poor management/fall outs with players or directors seem to catch them out and they then claim they're too good for the club or Scottish game

I think you're best bet would be Houston if I'm honest but is he all that much better given your history and how well he's doing at Falkirk?

Anyway just the thoughts of an amused observer - do please carry on,

Thank you

5 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

So you're advocating spending up to £200k extra on this premise?

What you're advocating is that we do nothing.

McNamara should have been sacked at the end of the 14-15 season; he was kept on and we saw the consequences.

McKinnon should have been sacked at the end of last season but he wasn't and we have to accept that.  I was willing to cut him some slack based on his signings but the first few games of this season (including the ones we have won) show glaring weaknesses in his managerial abilities.  If we want to avoid another situation comparible to Mcnamara he has to go and go soon.

Archived