Dundee United 2017/2018

Here's a worrying fact.  If you take Flood out of today's starting line up and replace him with Briels then that's our best starting XI.  Yet we were totally turned over today, not just beaten but comprehensively beaten.  OK it's just one game but it should be cause for concern.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Here's a worrying fact.  If you take Flood out of today's starting line up and replace him with Briels then that's our best starting XI.  Yet we were totally turned over today, not just beaten but comprehensively beaten.  OK it's just one game but it should be cause for concern.

Its not one game though is it. We were shite last week but playing against essentially a well drilled junior side. Today against a professional football team it showed. We were also touched up by Dundee.

Inverness game was two very very poor sides. I will give pass marks for beating QOTS with 10 men, that was a good result.

It's not good though.

Complete nonsense to suggest the first four games have decided anything. Last season Hibs fans were wanting Lennon sacked when we caught them at the top of the league midway through the season, but they ended up walking it. 

On paper our recruitment has been decent, but we haven't looked like a coherent team at any point under McKinnon. I don't know what we do in training but it doesn't seem to involve having any kind of game plan at all, more just a 'see what happens' approach to every game.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

i'm not quite at the get rid stage but be honest if McKinnon had to leave for any reason you wouldnt give a f**k would you?

I'm there now to be honest. I honestly don't think he has it in him to see us promoted.

Doubt we could afford to punt him though.

31 minutes ago, Sir Peh McBridie said:

I'm there now to be honest. I honestly don't think he has it in him to see us promoted.

Doubt we could afford to punt him though.

It's identical to McNamara; if he has to go what's the cost of not punting him?

Nope. We were shit today but far too early in the season to be "sure" of anything. I think this season will twist and turn almost every other week. There are four or five teams who will fancy their chances over the course of the whole campaign.

Agree with that, it will be tight at the top and teams will beat each other....

Utd will be there or there about, not sure it will be pretty under McKinnon though....

Ive been at the get rid since last season.

Total Mcnamara syndrome. He stands with his arms folded and his eyes glaze over and nothing happens. 

Hes seemed to have signed really good players at this level and has got zero out of them. They look lost and unmotivated on the pitch and he does nothing to direct them or spur them on. 

Persisting with 4231 and a wee man up front with wingers on the wrong foot. Defenders that struggle to pass the ball forwards and midfielders that dissappear. 

What do they do in training?

Its P45 time if theres no change in the next couple of games.

Thought Utd were very poor today and was surprised how poorly they played, we were actually quite happy to let you play about the back line knowing you might f*ck up at some point.....but surely it's too early to talk of sacking him, 3 wins out of 4 is still ok, big games coming up and should probably get till xmas, surely a decent team in there somewhere?

3 minutes ago, GaZaH said:

Thought Utd were very poor today and was surprised how poorly they played, we were actually quite happy to let you play about the back line knowing you might f*ck up at some point.....but surely it's too early to talk of sacking him, 3 wins out of 4 is still ok, big games coming up and should probably get till xmas, surely a decent team in there somewhere?

We just scraped past Brechin, were mince v QOTS and Dundee humped us.

Theres been little to no progress since last season and the team is showing exactly the same problems despite a mostly new core to the team with players who would arguably, on paper, get a gig at a few decent premiership teams.

We arent aggressive enough. We arent sharp enough. It came as no surprise to me we got pumped by a good and well drilled side who have a few good players and a manager that can set a team up to do something other than pass sideways and be defensively catastrophic.

Fair enough and appreciate I don't need to watch you week in week out, trust me I've watched my fair share of garbage down Paisley way in recent seasons but still seems like he deserves more time....still reckon you'll be there or there abouts but we'll see!

8 minutes ago, GaZaH said:

Fair enough and appreciate I don't need to watch you week in week out, trust me I've watched my fair share of garbage down Paisley way in recent seasons but still seems like he deserves more time....still reckon you'll be there or there abouts but we'll see!

I hope we are but i really am struggling to see it. 

Some fans said Jackie deserved more time...

If we lose ground on the pack then we could be down for a third season and how much will that cost us compared to getting someone better in?

I hope we are but i really am struggling to see it. 
Some fans said Jackie deserved more time...
If we lose ground on the pack then we could be down for a third season and how much will that cost us compared to getting someone better in?

Don't think it will be pretty to watch but would think you'll be in the play offs at least...maybe its not enough but going to be a tough league....

7 hours ago, GaZaH said:

Don't think it will be pretty to watch but would think you'll be in the play offs at least...maybe its not enough but going to be a tough league....

If we make the playoffs we wont go up. 

This is some of the worst football ive seen and ive seen some shite United teams.

Brewsters lot would have beat this team.

Cant really see us improving on last season when the biggest problem is still here.

Archived