Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, GrantB878 said:

Top Banter, Top Chat! I've see you've been fairly active on the dundee thread, your usual Morrissey pics, cat pics etc. I'm assuming the Job Centre / Dole Queue was busy and you're killing time?

45fb82daeb091c639b1da79d9a7a7d3b.jpg

Yes. Thank you.

i'm not quite at the get rid stage but be honest if McKinnon had to leave for any reason you wouldnt give a f**k would you?

We have been pretty much shite all the way through his tenure, managing to disguise being fucking turgid by grinding out wins. We have only won 2 league games by more than a goal in the last year.

Whatever you think of heartless wee fuds like spittal and fraser other managers can get performances out of players like that. 

The squad is, yet again, completely imbalanced with far too many midfielders.

Obviously shite today, but to be honest the result (and performance) that worries me more was the Brechin one. With the squad we have and our resources we should be strolling past most of the teams in this league especially the part timers. Aside from the league cup and the Morton games in the play offs I can't remember the last time we beat a team by a two goal deficit. It's indicative of the restrictive turgid style of play that McKinnon employs and makes me very worried for our chances of promotion. I think we will be there or thereabouts until the end but at the moment I don't think we will win it outright. I've stood up for McKinnon in the past and I don't think sacking him would be justified- at least not at the moment. However at the very least Thomson needs to be thinking about looking elsewhere for replacements when his contract is up.

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

i'm not quite at the get rid stage but be honest if McKinnon had to leave for any reason you wouldnt give a f**k would you?

We have been pretty much shite all the way through his tenure, managing to disguise being fucking turgid by grinding out wins. We have only won 2 league games by more than a goal in the last year.

Whatever you think of heartless wee fuds like spittal and fraser other managers can get performances out of players like that. 

It is worrying that we can put out a completely new group of 6 players (5 today with flood) middle to front but still get exactly the same type of performances as last season.

I'm in the same boat. I've always thought that managers should get 18 months as long as things aren't completely awful. That gives McKinnon until Christmas but I don't think we have improved as a team since he took over. We have managed to grind out wins and put together decent runs without ever actually impressing as a team. I can't point to even two or three games in the last year where I've thought that we have played really well. I'm not asking for McKinnon to go but he has a massive few games coming up against teams that can really hurt us so he has to now show what he has as a manager.

15 minutes ago, Luther G Presley said:

One thing for sure after today, Dundee Utd will not be challenging for the title, looks like either St Mirren or Dunfermline to me.

Nope. We were shit today but far too early in the season to be "sure" of anything. I think this season will twist and turn almost every other week. There are four or five teams who will fancy their chances over the course of the whole campaign.

Archived