Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was pretty poor particularly the first half.  Nkoyi took his goals well but otherwise was pretty bad, sadly so was Keatings.  None of the young players impressed other than the lad that came on for the last ten minutes.

The one positive was Fraser who played really well; I'm surprised he got 90 minutes as I think he will start on Saturday with McMullan suspended.

I have to sign off now as I have to pen an official complaint to the club about the shite music at half time.

You should come and try seeing as you are having such difficulty at "your" level.

We've played a few seaside league teams so far this season and papped them all out the cup, yourselves included. Really hoping we get you in the Scottish Cup so we can do the treble. We might be struggling at our level but we are way too good for yours.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

That was pretty poor particularly the first half.  Nkoyi took his goals well but otherwise was pretty bad, sadly so was Keatings.  None of the young players impressed other than the lad that came on for the last ten minutes.

The one positive was Fraser who played really well; I'm surprised he got 90 minutes as I think he will start on Saturday with McMullan suspended.

I have to sign off now as I have to pen an official complaint to the club about the shite music at half time.

It's all going to kick off now!

3 hours ago, RiG said:

We have Coll Donaldson on trial. I am sure he is pretty shite but would appreciate some up to date thoughts on the lad from the Arabs.

I'm assuming you will be going for the playoff place in League 1 next season then?

I'll let you fill in the gaps 

_ucking _rutal 

3 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

His confidence is absolutely fucked, and he was never that good when he had confidence.

He's just slow, clumsy, can't pass, can't head the ball. I'll be very surprised if you sign him. And if you do, I would strongly recommend storming the stadium in a coup attempt.

When he had no confidence he was an utter shambles. He was worse when he was confident because he really thought he could do all the things. Honestly one of the worst defenders I've ever seen and I truly felt sorry and embarrased for him at times.

He'll make a good flag pole one day. Maybe not quite corner flag material though.

First half was awful last night, picked up a little in the second. Of the young players they all looked reasonably capable but no real stand outs in my opinions. Chalmers looks decent on his left hand side but really struggled when he was wide right. Once we got the first goal the younger players started playing with a bit more confidence.

Of the first team squad it was Fraser who stood out by a mile. I thought Keatings had a really poor game and N'Koyi always looked to do the right thing but he was pretty hopeless for the first hour then took his goals well and tried to get more involved.

I probably should have stayed in the house.

First half was awful last night, picked up a little in the second. Of the young players they all looked reasonably capable but no real stand outs in my opinions. Chalmers looks decent on his left hand side but really struggled when he was wide right. Once we got the first goal the younger players started playing with a bit more confidence.

Of the first team squad it was Fraser who stood out by a mile. I thought Keatings had a really poor game and N'Koyi always looked to do the right thing but he was pretty hopeless for the first hour then took his goals well and tried to get more involved.

I probably should have stayed in the house.

I thought Daily and Allardice (@ CH) stood out the most from the young boys that played. Fraser did have a good game but still lacks the desire to get the ball back once it's lost - there was one point in the 1st half he had a shot / pass deflected, it ended up at Chalmers feet at the edge of the box but instead of giving him and option he had his head in his hands. This is the kind of stuff that causes fans to get on his back, infuriating.

Fraser last night was what I imagine Fraser looks like in training when there are half hearted challenges and no pressure.

Don't agree about Keatings either. Went past folk at will in first half with final ball just not coming off or landing to N'Koyi. Second half he had an assist and hit the bar.

I don't really look to young lads to be tearing a game up but just to look like they are competent and comfortable alongside first team players. In that regard I thought they all got a pass mark. Allardice especially looked utterly comfortable at CH albeit under no pressure. Thought Dailly looked to get forward and put in a couple of very decent crosses.

20 hours ago, RiG said:

We have Coll Donaldson on trial. I am sure he is pretty shite but would appreciate some up to date thoughts on the lad from the Arabs.

He's definitely not a good footballer. Or a passable footballer for that matter.

However, if you do sign him, I fully expect him to be MOTM in our remaining fixtures against you, and utterly shite in all the others.

Archived