Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dundee fans can't handle a win against United. Making cup's, dancing on cars and crying over two 2-1 wins, small minded mentality.

What can you expect from a club who's greatest achievement is relegating a team 10 points behind 11th?

1 hour ago, FifeArab said:

Dundee fans can't handle a win against United. Making cup's, dancing on cars and crying over two 2-1 wins, small minded mentality.

1 hour ago, Accent-Unknown said:

What can you expect from a club who's greatest achievement is relegating a team 10 points behind 11th?

I expect a bit of banter and if the positions were reversed we'd be dishing it out.  That said some of the Funsters' patter is beyond embarrassing; though of course a certain level of self-awareness is required to feel embarrassed.

I suppose that being in our shadow for a few decades has had a lasting impact.

1 hour ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Oh it was fucking marvellous and don't you EVER forget it. STILL LAUGHING. 

Thanks for the gate money, full hospitality, 2 televised games, bye into the next, last 8 prize money, leading to a good turnout against Celtic, more sold out hospitality  and yet more money from another televised game. Must be a tidy 300/400k.  Thank you. 

Nevermind come January you might get another big game and I'm not on about your trip Brechin.

Cheers for the money. 

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Perfectly fair. I've never stopped laughing at Dundee for failing to win anything despite financially cheating to the point of two admins after all.

Perhaps not caps lock levels of laughter though.

9 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Thanks for the gate money, full hospitality, 2 televised games, bye into the next, last 8 prize money, leading to a good turnout against Celtic, more sold out hospitality  and yet more money from another televised game. Must be a tidy 300/400k.  Thank you. 

Nevermind come January you might get another big game and I'm not on about your trip Brechin.

Cheers for the money. 

Is it not the case that in cup games the gate money is split? I'm actually not sure but I know in other competitions it is normally the case. I think the League Cup was restructured in such a way that prize money and gate money became much more complicated. 

Is it not the case that in cup games the gate money is split? I'm actually not sure but I know in other competitions it is normally the case. I think the League Cup was restructured in such a way that prize money and gate money became much more complicated. 

Gate receipts are 50-50 split, TV revenues: group games are @ 12.5k and knockout games are @ 21k per club.

Quarter final knockout earns 60k in prize money compared to last 16 of 35k.

9 hours ago, Sir Peh McBridie said:

Perfectly fair. I've never stopped laughing at Dundee for failing to win anything despite financially cheating to the point of two admins after all.

Perhaps not caps lock levels of laughter though.

Oh please no moral high ground from a club that sells their best players to a club which is already streets ahead in the premiership.

Gate receipts are 50-50 split, TV revenues: group games are @ 12.5k and knockout games are @ 21k per club.

Quarter final knockout earns 60k in prize money compared to last 16 of 35k.

Fairly certain the home team takes the first 30% for police and other general costs then some to the authorities then split.

57 minutes ago, Young gun said:

Oh please no moral high ground from a club that sells their best players to a club which is already streets ahead in the premiership.

The moral high ground is such normal terrain for us it's a problem for any Arabs that suffer from vertigo.

1 hour ago, Young gun said:

That's generally what happens. When a team has good players, bigger teams tend to buy them. It's not that hard surely?

24 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Fairly certain the home team takes the first 30% for police and other general costs then some to the authorities then split.

Don't be daft. Dundee don't pay silly things like bills.

Archived