Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I think Fraser is highly over rated. The derby last week he lost the ball constantly. He takes too long to pick a pass and fucks about too much.

He might play the odd cute pass etc but really, by now if he was as good as everyone bangs on about he'd be playing for a bigger team than us.

The first time I saw Fraser play was for the U20s v Celtic. He completely dominated the game. 

No doubt in my mind that the boy has talent. It's the application that is his problem.

16 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I know we've only played a couple of games since signing him, but any starting line up that doesn't include Stanton needs to be justified.  A cracking, committed, versatile player from what I've seen of him.

He's unlikely to play CM, unless Ray feels bold against some crap opposition.

So out wide, or in the hole if we play that way.

McMullan starts ahead of him out wide - probably King too. The number 10 role is likely to be taken by Keatings.

I could be wrong, but that's how I see it right now.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

The first time I saw Fraser play was for the U20s v Celtic. He completely dominated the game. 

No doubt in my mind that the boy has talent. It's the application that is his problem.

I bet you similar things were said about Greg Cameron, Stephen McConalogue and Hugh Davidson etc etc etc. I remember back in the day Dave Mcracken was referred to as the Maldini of the training ground. 

Some players cant replicate it consistently when it matters.

Celtics under 20s may well be his level.

27 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I bet you similar things were said about Greg Cameron, Stephen McConalogue and Hugh Davidson etc etc etc. I remember back in the day Dave Mcracken was referred to as the Maldini of the training ground. 

McConalogue. Brilliant at every level, and in Champ Man.

Then he played for the first team. :(

6 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I have no doubt those kids were rated, though I can't remember ever thinking Hugh Davidson was any good!

But I mean to say that I still see in Fraser great potential. There is no doubt he hasn't realised it as yet, and he will have to work much harder to get there, but its a bit early to be writing him off as yet.

19 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I have no doubt those kids were rated, though I can't remember ever thinking Hugh Davidson was any good!

But I mean to say that I still see in Fraser great potential. There is no doubt he hasn't realised it as yet, and he will have to work much harder to get there, but its a bit early to be writing him off as yet.

He's had 2 seasons in the first team, one of which in the Championship. He's still lazy and wasteful. How long do we continue to play a poor player in the hope he might come good? Especially when we've got far better players on the books now.

Ps Hugh Davidson was thrown in as a filler name. Much like he was used a player :lol:

7 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

He's had 2 seasons in the first team, one of which in the Championship. He's still lazy and wasteful. How long do we continue to play a poor player in the hope he might come good? Especially when we've got far better players on the books now.

Ps Hugh Davidson was thrown in as a filler name. Much like he was used a player :lol:

That's it in a nutshell for me; he's not a "poor player" but rather one who won't apply himself.  He's had a couple of seasons of first team football and whilst we're only a handful of games into the new season we have players who have shown they want to apply themselves whereas Fraser is still the same player with the same attitude and approach.

44 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That's it in a nutshell for me; he's not a "poor player" but rather one who won't apply himself.  He's had a couple of seasons of first team football and whilst we're only a handful of games into the new season we have players who have shown they want to apply themselves whereas Fraser is still the same player with the same attitude and approach.

You still get the same result wether he's a poor player or a good player that doesn't try. 

And fwiw I can't remember the last time Fraser actually had a good half of a game, never mind dominating a game.

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Anyone know how far away Murdoch is from being back in?

He is back in full training and spent most of the game today warming up fairly regularly. I think he might be involved against Dundee on Wednesday.

Fraser is almost at the Spittal point for me when we say cut our losses.

In a team of GMS, Armstrong, gauld and cifti you can allow a telfer, spittal or Fraser opportunities to come and learn first team football.

In the championship that's a luxury we don't have it's a hard tough league and if players don't fancy it I don't think we can afford to start them.

I think Fraser is talented and may very well come good but we aren't in a position to allow him that time unless he starts showing more.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Fraser is almost at the Spittal point for me when we say cut our losses.

In a team of GMS, Armstrong, gauld and cifti you can allow a telfer, spittal or Fraser opportunities to come and learn first team football.

In the championship that's a luxury we don't have it's a hard tough league and if players don't fancy it I don't think we can afford to start them.

I think Fraser is talented and may very well come good but we aren't in a position to allow him that time unless he starts showing more.

Fraser is playing right now because other players are out injured. If everyone was fit, he probably wouldn't be starting.

I understand people's issues with him, but he is good enough to warrant a squad place, and should be a decent option from the bench.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Fraser is playing right now because other players are out injured. If everyone was fit, he probably wouldn't be starting.

Not sure that's the case. McKinnon has done nothing but sing Fraser's praises for the past 12 months. Fraser's another of these enigmatic types we seem to attract, players you feel should be great (technical ability and very easy on the eye, and no doubt terrific in training) but ultimately offer next to f**k all during an actual match. It's the John Souttar/Charlie Telfer 'there's a player in there' curse.

3 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Not sure that's the case. McKinnon has done nothing but sing Fraser's praises for the past 12 months. Fraser's another of these enigmatic types we seem to attract, players you feel should be great (technical ability and very easy on the eye, and no doubt terrific in training) but ultimately offer next to f**k all during an actual match. It's the John Souttar/Charlie Telfer 'there's a player in there' curse.

McNamara syndrome. Talk or look like they should be good but offer f**k all and can actually cause a problem for others around them.

McNamara syndrome. Talk or look like they should be good but offer f**k all and can actually cause a problem for others around them.

Macnamara syndrome- giving a player support and encouragement in the hope he will respond despite him giving no fucks during a game.

I'm sure we can work on that definition.

Archived