Dundee United 2017/2018

And such was his form he's been relegated to the development squad to train....

Makes it even better.

Our Development squad striker has a better goal to game ratio in the premier league than your star signing.

So pleasing.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

So we need Donaldson to leave to free up the wage budget to sign Quinn, but we can sign McDonald no bother? Am I missing something?

Yes, budget was earmarked for midfielders/ forwards nothing in the pot for an extra defender

if donaldson goes that frees up a top league era wage

13 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Pretty sure McDonald fell out with the manager and didn't play much last season. So Haber should really have got much more

He played 40 games and a total of 3,346 minutes. After his 2 match suspension in February the only game he missed was the dead rubber against ICT on the last day of the season.

Great signing on paper. He has a huge amount of experience and should do well for us this season. I think we are almost done in terms of signings but we might still have another addition to come and if we do it should probably be a more defensive one.

Last seasons stats according to BBC website:

Marcus Haber: 1 goal every 261 minutes.
Scott McDonald: 1 goal every 329 minutes.

You keep telling yourself that though. Pleasing how much the mighty have fallen - creaming themselves at signing a 10 (being generous it's actually 9) goal a season striker.

I told you that you were good with numbers!

If he doesn't get injured before Sunday we will actually have someone to play up top.  What a time to be alive.

He'll be the size of a caravan at the moment with missing pre season.

Slightly concerned that this looks like an excellent signing, a good bit of guile and experience which could prove crucial in close games. My biggest hope is that he's just there for a payday and can't really be arsed.

16 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Slightly concerned that this looks like an excellent signing, a good bit of guile and experience which could prove crucial in close games. My biggest hope is that he's just there for a payday and can't really be arsed.

could be a great signing & could easily rattle in a dozen goals or so; on the other hand just have to hope his incessant diving & bleating (or, "guile & experience") will result in a couple of opposition CH's getting wound up enough to clatter him early on. Should be no shortage of volunteers for that. 

McDonald's goal and assists per 90 have been on the decline the last couple of years, but he could still be capable at this level. Not a lot of downside for Utd as he's arrived on a free and it's only a 1 year deal.

30 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

116df2e9563bc4526df0c99d76ff830f.jpg

You were probs better than us for all of 30 minutes last year and it cost us. Fair's fair. But lets no forget the other shaggings we dished out to you lot... and that was with Bairdy up top. Just wait til you see Rory x Fash.

49 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 17.00.13.png

Archived