Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Haven't Dundee fans being saying that they're hearing United are about to go in administration for quite some time now?

Here's another one who's head its just flew straight over.

30 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Earlier on I was thinking back to other players who have started really poorly. I'm sure 'GMS' was pretty useless during his first few appearances as was Craig Conway. A bit more challenging for forward players because unless you score several times or go on ridiculous mazy runs you will be labelled as shit early doors.

Two questions then for any United fans on P&B wanting something to do  - 

Players who started well but turned out to be shite?

Players who started off poorly but turned out to be quite good?

I'm fairly sure most of us were calling for Durnan's head at the end of the 2015/16 season.  

35 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Earlier on I was thinking back to other players who have started really poorly. I'm sure 'GMS' was pretty useless during his first few appearances as was Craig Conway. A bit more challenging for forward players because unless you score several times or go on ridiculous mazy runs you will be labelled as shit early doors.

Two questions then for any United fans on P&B wanting something to do  - 

Players who started well but turned out to be shite?

Players who started off poorly but turned out to be quite good?

Craig Brewster, with the caveat that for some inexplicable reason Ivan Golac gave him his debut in midfield.

38 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Thought the obvious sarcasm might go over the thicker ones heads.

I got the sarcasm, but you're a shite troll if you contradict yourself in the space of two hours.

Good to see the judgements of players has already started. Particularly bad on Twitter and Facebook but it seems that a game against Raith Rovers and Buckie Thistle are all you get before you are marked as being utterly useless or totally brilliant. Maybe we can revisit some of these judgements in a few months or at the end of the season to make a true call on who effective these players can be?

I'm aware you also refer to twitter, but I don't think that's what's happening on here.
To give your opinions on which aspects of players performances are worrying you are exactly what these forums are for, particularly early in a season where most fans haven't had the chance to see the players in action.
No one is being written off or heralded as the saviour of the club, people are just expressing their honest opinions and concerns.

7 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

I'm aware you also refer to twitter, but I don't think that's what's happening on here.
To give your opinions on which aspects of players performances are worrying you are exactly what these forums are for, particularly early in a season where most fans haven't had the chance to see the players in action.
No one is being written off or heralded as the saviour of the club, people are just expressing their honest opinions and concerns.

I wasn't talking about Pie and Bovril.

The obvious joke clearly went over your head as well.

If you genuinely think I was being serious about you lot going into admin on Friday then deary me.

Allow me to be the first to say that it was a brilliant joke.

Shame no one got it. You should choose your audience with more care the next time.

Allow me to be the first to say that it was a brilliant joke.

Shame no one got it. You should choose your audience with more care the next time.

Most got it, there were just a few simpletons such as yourself.

Archived