Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Haven't Dundee fans being saying that they're hearing United are about to go in administration for quite some time now?

Since before their first admin, which none of them saw coming

3 minutes ago, Beardy23 said:

Since before their first admin, which none of them saw coming

They were so busy watching our finances they forgot paying Ravanelli, Caballerro the Elephant man and co 15 odd grand a week wasn't such a good idea. Especially as it didn't really achieve anything other than 10 - 15 extra years of irrelevance.

Anyone who's been at both games- how did Lewis look last night in comparison to Deniz? If the answer isn't, considerably better, then I'd be quite worried

Very impressed with Lewis last night. Sharp off his line, good with his kicking and brave when he needed to be. Also seemed to be very vocal. Id be surprised if he wasnt our first choice keeper. Surely hes not coming up here to sit on the bench?

18 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Anyone who's been at both games- how did Lewis look last night in comparison to Deniz? If the answer isn't, considerably better, then I'd be quite worried

Apart from making a ridiculous arse of the backpass, Mehmet was absolutely fine against Rovers. Probably helped that he had little or nothing to do all game.

People need to lay off the Funsters.  The continual hope of us going into administration is the only thing that keeps them going through their sad and desperate existence.  Who are we to stiffle their dreams?

9 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Hate how McKinnon keeps trying to make out Bell isn't leaving. He won't have signed two keepers unless Bell was going. Would rather he came out and said Cammy wants to leave

Why? If you're so sure that you know what's happening then why does it bother you? United are doing their business in private, as they should.

It's dreadfully naive to think that the way to get the best deal is to announce publicly that the player wants to leave before the terms of his departure have been agreed.

51 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Keating out 4-6 weeksemoji22.png

To be honest, based on the reports I was hearing last night, that would actually be relatively good news if that was true. It sounded like he could be out a lot longer than that.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

People need to lay off the Funsters.  The continual hope of us going into administration is the only thing that keeps them going through their sad and desperate existence.  Who are we to stiffle their dreams?

images (15).jpg

Good to see the judgements of players has already started. Particularly bad on Twitter and Facebook but it seems that a game against Raith Rovers and Buckie Thistle are all you get before you are marked as being utterly useless or totally brilliant. Maybe we can revisit some of these judgements in a few months or at the end of the season to make a true call on who effective these players can be?

2 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Whenever I see this sort of thing, I just think how rotten Nadir Ciftci was in his league debut against Partick Thistle.

Earlier on I was thinking back to other players who have started really poorly. I'm sure 'GMS' was pretty useless during his first few appearances as was Craig Conway. A bit more challenging for forward players because unless you score several times or go on ridiculous mazy runs you will be labelled as shit early doors.

Two questions then for any United fans on P&B wanting something to do  - 

Players who started well but turned out to be shite?

Players who started off poorly but turned out to be quite good?

3 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Whenever I see this sort of thing, I just think how rotten Nadir Ciftci was in his league debut against Partick 

I'm sure I recall witnessing him being outpaced by Richie Foran the first time I saw him play live. 

Archived