Dundee United 2017/2018

20 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Karpaty Lviv?  That would be a brilliant move for Donaldson.  Great club with a great pedigree and a proven track record of developing young Scottish talent.  Would not be surprised that after a couple of years a move to the English Premiership or La Liga would be on the cards.

Is that where Alex McKay-Lichenko started out?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Karpaty Lviv?  That would be a brilliant move for Donaldson.  Great club with a great pedigree and a proven track record of developing young Scottish talent.  Would not be surprised that after a couple of years a move to the English Premiership or La Liga would be on the cards.

The Barry Douglas approach? I mind everyone thought he was shite - he went and won the league in Poland, played a season in the Turkish top flight and is now at wolves. No bad career path for a diddy.

Nice stadium they've got in Lviv...

lviv_front.jpg

The defining moment of Barry Douglas' Utd career for me was the suicidal run across his own box leading to a comedy goal at Killie. He may or may not have scored a couple of 30 yard screamer free kicks for us but the Killie incident has wiped everything else from my memory.

33 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

The defining moment of Barry Douglas' Utd career for me was the suicidal run across his own box leading to a comedy goal at Killie. He may or may not have scored a couple of 30 yard screamer free kicks for us but the Killie incident has wiped everything else from my memory.

Aye, I remember one decent free kick (no' sure it was 30 yards) but that nonsense run across the box against Killie was much more typical of his performances. Presumably someone in Poland taught the boy how to play properly or perhaps he simply matured. He was gash for us though.

I don't expect Coll Donaldson to emulate his success.

14 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Is that where Alex McKay-Lichenko started out?

12 hours ago, ArabFC said:

The Barry Douglas approach? I mind everyone thought he was shite - he went and won the league in Poland, played a season in the Turkish top flight and is now at wolves. No bad career path for a diddy.

Nice stadium they've got in Lviv...

lviv_front.jpg

From now on when I am making totally facetious posts I will flag them accordingly.  :(

52 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

What % are you getting from Robertson's move?

I hear Liverpool paid £10M

Benefits to United aside, I will be delighted for Robertson if this deal goes through.  An outstanding professional who always comes over as level-headed and committed.

Given the amount of posers and prima donnas in football these days, it's nice to see a modest, hard working lad progress in this way.

43 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

With Luke Shaw gone for £28m and the likes of Walker for £50m - £10m for Robbo is an absolute steal in today's PL money.

He looked top class against England.

It's where you move from that's the issue.

VVD leaves Celtic for £12M

Southampton want £50M for him now.

If Robertson plays a good few games for Liverpool he will be priced around £30M+

EPL are just think up a number and double it. All that extra cash they get from Sky just gets wasted in stupid transfer/agent fees and crazy wages.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Benefits to United aside, I will be delighted for Robertson if this deal goes through.  An outstanding professional who always comes over as level-headed and committed.

Given the amount of posers and prima donnas in football these days, it's nice to see a modest, hard working lad progress in this way.

Both he and Kieran Tierney put a lot of footballers to shame with respect to their attitude and the way they handle themselves. Hopefully both continue to fulfil their potential. 

3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

What % are you getting from Robertson's move?

I hear Liverpool paid £10M

£8 million basic fee, with £2 million in potential add ons. Take it the percentage will be based on the £8 million initially.

35 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Hoping for you boys sake the deal is done by Friday. Hearing admin is on the cards.

United's getting more for Andy's selling on fee than you lot got for Greg Stewart and kane Hemmings...

2 hours ago, Marr1 said:

With Luke Shaw gone for £28m and the likes of Walker for £50m - £10m for Robbo is an absolute steal in today's PL money.

He looked top class against England.

If Hull had stayed in the Premier League you would probably be talking 20m.

If he gets a regular game for Liverpool it can only benefit Scotland.

Archived