Dundee United 2017/2018

20 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I'd like to assume that we are not measuring the ability of all our youngsters against Armstrong?

Well, obviously.

I measure all United youngsters on the Malpas scale, which makes things doubly difficult for Robson.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

We got rid of bloody 10! Only brought in 5 so far so we don't really need to get rid anymore (obvs other than Donaldson)

14 have left. Ray's made quite clear that there's another 5 (or so) to come in and has given no suggestion whatsoever that that depends on guys leaving. Your chap above has just misread things. 

Donaldson will go because he's pish but that's about it.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

And it was instantly obvious to me (and I presume everyone else) that he had great potential. BTW he was playing pretty regular at 19.

No. There were plenty of fuds heavily critical of Armstrong well into his second or third season in the first team.

3 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

No. There were plenty of fuds heavily critical of Armstrong well into his second or third season in the first team.

Well, that's on them!

On the player front, I'm a huge advocate of quality over quantity. Occasionally you'll have to rely on younger players to fill in, but better that than having a huge squad of shite like that which Jackie/Mixu accumulated.

3/4 quality signings now would do the job.

1 hour ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

We got rid of bloody 10! Only brought in 5 so far so we don't really need to get rid anymore (obvs other than Donaldson)

Need to get backup keeper, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers in on budget

Ray would like to offer Quinn a deal, but that depends on getting Donaldson off the wage bill

14 have left. Ray's made quite clear that there's another 5 (or so) to come in and has given no suggestion whatsoever that that depends on guys leaving. Your chap above has just misread things. 
Donaldson will go because he's pish but that's about it.

Guilty as charged! Knew that we had to move Donaldson on to sign Quinn and read more into it......

Need to get backup keeper, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers in on budget
Ray would like to offer Quinn a deal, but that depends on getting Donaldson off the wage bill

Agree with this, I would bring in a left back as well but can't see it happening

I'd like to assume that we are not measuring the ability of all our youngsters against Armstrong?

How should they be measured if not against the previous players that came through the youth system and went on to bigger and better things?

21 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Anyone know what trialists played today?

A striker (didn't look up to much).

That goalie who's on trial, no chance with the goal (he played the 2nd half).

Paul Quinn (loud and no messing, could be a good signing).

10 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Agree with this, I would bring in a left back as well but can't see it happening

Have you not signed trialist Paul Dixon yet or did he not look any good?

Archived