Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Thought Robson was solid enough in the games against us. Writing him off is a bit mental. Just Googled to see he's only 19, jesus. I thought our fans were harsh on young players

The thing is most Arabs on here are not writing him off; they're simply saying he's not good or experienced enough yet.  Personally I don't have any idea what sort of player he will turn out to be but I hope he develops over the course of the season.

One of the things that concerns me is the quality of coaching at the club over the last couple of seasons.  I was not impressed by how Robson, Spittal, Telfer and Fraser have developed but I'm not sure how much of that was/is down to the players attitudes and natural abilities and how much was due to the quality of coaching.  Maybe some ITK fans can offer a view on this.

1 hour ago, MarkoRaj said:

Thought Robson was solid enough in the games against us. Writing him off is a bit mental. Just Googled to see he's only 19, jesus. I thought our fans were harsh on young players

Robson's fine. A lot of our fans are just hypercritical about pretty much everything just now. If you asked them to rate the manager, coaches and players individually you'd be forgiven for thinking we'd be relegation candidates this season rather than promotion favourites.

5 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

I would agree with Marko here, and to be honest, he can't be costing you that much wage wise, would have thought he would be a good back up option?

I hate to break it to you, but unconditional praise on a internet message board doesn't progress the club either.
Why else does this place exist other than to debate the merits of the team etc?
I haven't seen anything in Robson yet that makes me think he'll progress into a good player. I wonder if there are any examples of Dundee United youth products that nobody rated initially, that turned into great players? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Who's praising him? There is no unconditional praise, the point being is quite the opposite in fact - people being over critical. The boy is 19 and it takes time to develop and become a 1st team regular. Armstrong didn't make the breakthrough until he was 20 - 21ish.

The way Ray was speaking, I think he has to get bodies out before he can sign someone else.
Obviously Donaldson will be one he (and us) wants rid, not sure who else is not in his plans.

We got rid of bloody 10! Only brought in 5 so far so we don't really need to get rid anymore (obvs other than Donaldson)

14 hours ago, GrantB878 said:

Who's praising him? There is no unconditional praise, the point being is quite the opposite in fact - people being over critical. The boy is 19 and it takes time to develop and become a 1st team regular. Armstrong didn't make the breakthrough until he was 20 - 21ish.

And it was instantly obvious to me (and I presume everyone else) that he had great potential. BTW he was playing pretty regular at 19.

Archived