Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

That's your opinion of him but it's wrong. I've seen him play a lot more than you, he's done it on the biggest stage. Tommy Tackle Kerr and McKee ffs :lol:

Falkirk fans seem to be panicking here, United making some really good signings. The playoffs again, lads.

I think solid signings is about right. Nothing to get too excited about, but certainly guys who are proven at this level.

3/4 more signings left to make. If they are of similar quality, we should be confident of winning this league.

4 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I think solid signings is about right. Nothing to get too excited about, but certainly guys who are proven at this level.

3/4 more signings left to make. If they are of similar quality, we should be confident of winning this league.

Keatings, King and Fyvie are all good players at this level.

Keatings, King and Fyvie are all good players at this level.

I'll agree with the above but you keep talking as if Hibs are somehow miles ahead in quality.

Given how tight most Falkirk Hibs games have been over the last few seasons it's certainly not correct to suggest that any Hibs cast off would walk into the Falkirk team. Some might, most would not.

The quality, or at least perceived quality, of the signings so far have exceeded my expectations.

The issue for me is whether McKinnon is capable of getting the best out of the squad that we will have.  Based on the performances (team and individual), tactics, formation and team selection of last season I am not convinced that he is.

The quality, or at least perceived quality, of the signings so far have exceeded my expectations.
The issue for me is whether McKinnon is capable of getting the best out of the squad that we will have.  Based on the performances (team and individual), tactics, formation and team selection of last season I am not convinced that he is.

5228199309430e98fdeaf70472b32543.gif

20 minutes ago, The DA said:

I'm starting to feel a bit more confident about next season.  Not exactly happier but definitely less gloomy.

The night's are fair drawing in though.

Bit early for me. Once we get a big b*****d centre half, I'm on board.

8 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I'll agree with the above but you keep talking as if Hibs are somehow miles ahead in quality.

Given how tight most Falkirk Hibs games have been over the last few seasons it's certainly not correct to suggest that any Hibs cast off would walk into the Falkirk team. Some might, most would not.

You havent beaten us in the league since August 2014  :lol: of course we are a far far better side than Falkirk. that's why we will be playing top flight football next season, you wont.

Is there really a debate over whether Fyvie would be good enough for Falkirk? :lol: Their midfield consists of Mark Kerr Joe McKee and Tom Taiwo ffs! He'd instantly become their best player.

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

:ph34r:

We replaced someone who's legs had gone with several players who's footballing ability hadn't arrived yet.

Even then, with no legs Watson would have been better than Dillon and VDS. 

It saddens me to think he's finished. Really like him when he was here and our right back issues have never been addressed since he left. 

53 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Is there really a debate over whether Fyvie would be good enough for Falkirk? :lol: Their midfield consists of Mark Kerr Joe McKee and Tom Taiwo ffs! He'd instantly become their best player.

He was atrocious in the playoff second leg the season before last. Did absolutely nothing in what was an important game. We've got enough slow side to side midfielders already anyway.

Archived